Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Changing to Hot system

Barryy

Hey guys, I'm looking for some expert advice regarding changing to a hot system.

At the moment I'm using a normal cold-water system as follows: Water filtered at home to an IBC, transferred each evening to my 500L van tank, Shurflo pump and Varistream controller, 100m 8mm minibore, pole hose, tecbuk brush.

I'm thinking of buying one of these Corwoods heaters: http://corwoodswindowcleaning.co.uk/shop...eat-System

Does anyone have any experience of these? For instance, are they easy to fit, reliable, easy to control, etc? Or is there a different heater system that you would recommend?

Also, I'd be looking to buy a re-fillable gas cylinder. Are these readily available in Rep of Ireland, and where does one go to get it filled each time?

Lastly, would anyone know if there are any Irish legal requirements regarding carrying a gas cylinder in van? And would carrying gas affect van insurance policy?

Thanks a mill.

I am in NI, so don't know your rules on carrying butane, but I know compressed air and oxygen is allowed as I have diving friends in ROI. I do have gas hazzard signs on my van, I have no idea if they are a requirement in ROI, but may be a good idea anyhow. Though these may be EU law rather than UK law. Try an online search for gas transportation in Ireland.

That system is similar to mine, which was easy to fit. Just have the water pass through the heater before your extension hose that connects to your WFP.

You don't get gas tanks refilled as such, but you buy tanks of butane. Once you have an empty tank then hand it in when you buy your full one. The price is less than buying a tank without an empty - that's it. Then the supplier sends it back to the gas company for refill - that bit has nothing to do with you. So the first couple of tanks you buy are more expensive as you are not exchanging empties.

Last edited:
i hope it makes a cuppa tea as well:) that sounds really good for the price....i havent gone wfp yet so i will let you try it out for me...keep us informed..i have seen corwoods pushing thier hot water clean near me...

I have one similar strapped to my pure freedom trolley that is fed from the van tank.

Downside is the flow rate has to be run higher on the pump digi controller though which is set to about 60 or the heater will keep cutting out. It also has a built in 20 min cut out too so if I notice the water starting to go cold I just turn the flow off from the pole and on again which will restart the water heater ignition.

I thought about getting one of those heaters last Winter. I ummed and arred and didn't bother in the end. Reasons being; expense of gas, finding room for a gas bottle, fumes, would hot be quicker? The only thing in favour in the end was it might keep my donnies warm when it got cold.

I defo notice the difference how well hot water cleans filthy conservatory roof etc compared to just using cold water.

God knows what my missus gave me this moring for my pain but it made me fell young again. Also sally sill is knackered now tuffers as I gave her a right good bashing today /emoticons/biggrin.png

I defo notice the difference how well hot water cleans filthy conservatory roof etc compared to just using cold water.
God knows what my missus gave me this moring for my pain but it made me fell young again. Also sally sill is knackered now tuffers as I gave her a right good bashing today /emoticons/biggrin.png
You've knackered Sally? You bad bad boy @Smurf. My Sally is doing ok apart from a punk hair do /emoticons/biggrin.png

I must admit sally sills are good brushes for that kind of work as she preformed very well today. Bless her /emoticons/biggrin.png

You punked sally on your own:whistle:

Back