Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

k rend?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scotty_boy

been asked to powerwash a house thats k rendered had a look today and it covered in red and black streaks all over and is worse when its wet had a go with the washer today on a area and it looks really good but alot of tiny white specks were all over the floor after. just wondered if this is ok and/or is there a better way cheers.

Whats the best method to use pressure wash or soft wash using a hypo mix?

What machine are you using. Is the set up with a turbo nozzle or flat nozzle?
Rob

For me, for you or for the OP.

For me I don't use hypo - don't need to use it and it would have to be a pretty exceptional set of circumstances if I did use it.

For you - I can't answer that as I don't know your experience, set up etc

For the OP - waiting on the reply.

There is no definitive answer

Rob

I've never had a go at cleaning k render myself so was just asking what would be the best setup & method to use.

There are those that swear by Hypo - I don't. 99% of the time my machines will clean the surface and it isn't something I have got into the habit of using.

I don't see any wrong in using it but I have tried my best to not use chemicals over the last 12 years.

K rend is pretty straight forward.

Rob

Thanks Rob, myself I also try to stay away from using hypo too.

May I ask what machine you use for k render?

i have a honda delta with a turbo nozzle looks like its going to do a good job just wanted to check if there is a better way. whats a soft wash? and hypo?

I have a Hot & Mighty & a Thor. I would use either, with some adjustment on the flow and nozzle sizes.

Scotty - put a flat nozzle on the lance and it will not be as aggressive. Start off away from the render and come closer until you get to the point where you are taking the crud off and not stripping the surface.

Hypo is industrial bleach - soft wash is spraying hypo on and rinsing it down. Either way it works.

I just prefer my way

Rob

i done my first k rend house clean a few months ago using hypo , it was very straightforward and the customer was very impressed , id prefer to be using a hot washer set up as i reckon it would be much faster but i couldnt justify the big outlay as i wouldnt have the volume of work at the moment . i seen the hot and mighty systems that the yanks use on youtube and they look brilliant ,do these come up for sale second hand at an affordable price rob

thanks rob for that i have a flat lance aswell just didnt want to leave the strips it can leave if its not consistent pressure. if i spray some hypochlorite on first how long should i leave it to soak?

cheers.

Virtually never mate. I knew someone who was selling it with 250 hours on the clock, hadn't even been run in. I upgraded the pump because for some reason the 24 HP engine has a 22 LPM pump fitted, as a twin operator unit, when the flow is split it gave 11 LPM per operator and was just too small.

I put a 35 LPM pump on it and very nearly a 45 LPM (I wish I had done now) but you need about 1 HP for the burner (for hot water).

There was no reels for the price I paid so I had two Cox reels (and two in the other van) delivered and we fitted it all in the Transit. Difficult to see all of the machine in the picture below.

2csgwnb.jpg

Rob

I don't know really. I know the lads on the other forum go on 10 - 20 minutes and then a rinse off. Trial and error mate. Try it on ten, if it doesn't come off give it another ten and bish bosh - where's the dosh!

Ro

Nice one Rob

Now I can see why you do alot of contract work as that setup must blast through the work in no time?

Virtually never mate. I knew someone who was selling it with 250 hours on the clock, hadn't even been run in. I upgraded the pump because for some reason the 24 HP engine has a 22 LPM pump fitted, as a twin operator unit, when the flow is split it gave 11 LPM per operator and was just too small.
I put a 35 LPM pump on it and very nearly a 45 LPM (I wish I had done now) but you need about 1 HP for the burner (for hot water).

There was no reels for the price I paid so I had two Cox reels (and two in the other van) delivered and we fitted it all in the Transit. Difficult to see all of the machine in the picture below.

2csgwnb.jpg

Rob

zn6ir9.jpg

35mfbea.jpg

qoyjxf.jpg

il9bvp.jpg

2wly7w3.jpg

308lf9l.jpg

2hguws3.jpg

Some of these may be sideways.

This is todays work. The request was to tidy the loading bay area of a Sainsbury's local, new acquisition, opening on Friday at Worksop.

I brushed the main litter off the area, put the machine on and then pressure washed the area, a lot of **** came off it to show not the best Tarmac surface but it is cleaner.

All the other pictures are above and beyond what I was expected to do. I told them I would do the extras as part of the day rate - the initial work only took two hours.

The block was cleaned with cold water and the chewing gum removed with cold.I think there is one piece that wouldn't come off and to finish the store walls were pressure washed.

I try and make my service better than anyone elses, if I have to do extra work then I will, as long as it benefits me and there is the time to do it.

Horrible day, heavy rain but I was wet anyway so why not.

The machine makes it a pleasure to do the work.

Rob

following on from this post and my telescopic lance post the job is now done!! i ended up going down the soft wash route spraying hypo on using a old snow foam bottle attached to the 22m thread on the telescopic lance and this worked well, did a smallish area of the house at a time left to dwell for 10-15mins and washed off. looks really good and the customer is over the moon. i did the slabs all round the house and pvc/guttering. took three day. hope you like the pics.

http://s1333.photobucket.com/user/scottyyy_boyyy/slideshow/k-rend

Outstanding job you did there :thumbsup:

How did the snow foam attachement hold up to neat 14/15% hypo?

thanks alot mate:thumbsup:. the snow foam attachment didnt like it at all thought it wouldnt so i used a old one i had kicking about! not sure of a better way to apply it? but it worked a treat.

Back