Gav

Domestic Gutter clearing - part 1

moonpig

I use a gutter vac that I made up my self I looked at all the company's out there that sold them I found that they were either to expensive or just plane s**t the one i use has a suction of 146 L air per sec and most of the others out the have between 80-110 ish so it doesn't lack on power at all this summer I have had no problem at all with the dry leaves slit ect it sucks everything up. I brought it as I really don't like going that high up ladders. I do need the customer to be in or for them to have a outside plug for it to work but after using the vac I would never go back to doing it by hand. It's faster,safer,more cost effective and cleans 100% off what ever was in the gutters.

moonpig

I'm using the kartcher pro range n-65/2 ap it's amazing !!!! Better and more powerful than any other "pro vac" that people sell as a set.

Taxlossloz

Just been reading smurfs advice on gutters and ladder safety - really made me think - am 37 and got 4 kids to feed - to think of the times I risked my neck ..

Ordered ankalad ladder leveller - but it appears that's different to the stabiliser - can I add to it smurf? Do I need to add the big legs or is leveller enough

Smurf

Yes you can use both the ankalad ladder leveller http://www.laddersafetysupplies.co.uk/leveller.shtml

and the ankalad stabaliser http://www.laddersafetysupplies.co.uk/stabiliser.shtml

together on the same ladder no probs. :thumbsup:

Here is a pic with both being used at the same time

stabilised_ladder.jpg.d43b4e675ef425a90dac56a5747f5d96.jpg

All new ankalad stabalisers are that colour not blue anymore

I would recommend you defo get the ankalad stabaliser as makes any ladder rock solid to work from ask @daveyboy1 and others that use them too

Taxlossloz
Yes you can use both the ankalad ladder leveller http://www.laddersafetysupplies.co.uk/leveller.shtml

and the ankalad stabaliser http://www.laddersafetysupplies.co.uk/stabiliser.shtml

together on the same ladder no probs. :thumbsup:

Here is a pic with both being used at the same time

[ATTACH=full]6805[/ATTACH]

All new ankalad stabalisers are that colour not blue anymore

I would recommend you defo get the ankalad stabaliser as makes any ladder rock solid to work from ask @daveyboy1 and others that use them too

Ok cheers - was thinking of getting new triples too

Still a lot cheaper than gutter vac - and there's loads of jobs waiting for me

Thanks for the help mate

Pegasus

Hi Smurf,

Recently got a guttervac. What generator do you use?

Cheers

Pegasus
I don't use a generator

Customers electricity?

"H"
Smurf, I am thinking of buying an Ankalad Ladder Stabiliser. They look great. What do you do if the gutters of the home your working on have to be accessed by a ladder used on a sloped or uneven floor surface, are you still able to use the Ankalad Stabiliser on a slant? Any feedback is most appreciated.

Personally I used an Ankalad years ago when I was doing a lot of roof work. They do work and work well BUT you need a fair bit of clearance at the front of the house for them to work.

For example, no flower beds,decking, steps etc etc. You get the idea. Unfortunately not all properties are like in the photos that they use to advertise such items, normally against the wall of a property on an industrial estate on flat concrete.

I never tried it on sloping surfaces, to be honest, most of my work was on all the areas that had little clearance so I stopped using it.

Not everyone can do this I admit but I used to pool all the roof work over a month an employ a friend of mine to "foot" the ladder for me maybe 1 to 3 days a month (depending how much work came in.) It was handy to have someone manhandle the ladders for me ( Not getting off that easy by just standing there. ;) ) and a bit of peace of mind that there was someone there "if" it went wrong and I fell off the ladder.

Now I use a Ladder M8rix. They, so far, work.

As with all ladder work, take your time up and down.