Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Found my perfect brush.....at last!!

keir

As i have stated in a previous thread, i have took delivery of 3 new brushes. All gardiners as i just prefer the lightness.

All super-lites, one medium hybrid, one soft flocked hybrid and the medium mixed wide.

Put my trad pockets on and put a brush in each pocket, and started with the medium hybrid, excellent brush, feels a bit softer to splay than medium mixed but excellent brush. Its my second favourite.

Then tried the soft flocked......i lasted three windows, not for me this one i will put it to use on cladding for those hard to reach areas.

Then came the medium mixed wide...... I cannot praise this brush enough!!!! I have been after a brush like this since i started wfp, with four pencil jets the rinsing is amazing too.

It reminded me of when i swapped from a 12" squeegee to a 14", it is quicker and makes short work of all my work. Brilliant on the sills, works fantastic with a swivel, due the extra bristles it demolishes slug trails, just soooo happy with it. I didnt need to change the varistream settings and i dont think i used any more water or if it did because its faster i did the same amount of work but shaved at least half an hour off my day!

Also tried wide fans and narrow fans, no good for me for window cleaning, not accurate enough, but again for pvc they will be amazing

When i swapped back to the medium hybrid it was like cleaning the windows with a toothbrush, it seemed tiny and needed soo many more strokes per window.

The only time i can imagine using the smaller brushes now would be on windy days or when using my slx 25 on full reach.

As i have stated in a previous thread, i have took delivery of 3 new brushes. All gardiners as i just prefer the lightness.All super-lites, one medium hybrid, one soft flocked hybrid and the medium mixed wide.

Put my trad pockets on and put a brush in each pocket, and started with the medium hybrid, excellent brush, feels a bit softer to splay than medium mixed but excellent brush. Its my second favourite.

Then tried the soft flocked......i lasted three windows, not for me this one i will put it to use on cladding for those hard to reach areas.

Then came the medium mixed wide...... I cannot praise this brush enough!!!! I have been after a brush like this since i started wfp, with four pencil jets the rinsing is amazing too.

It reminded me of when i swapped from a 12" squeegee to a 14", it is quicker and makes short work of all my work. Brilliant on the sills, works fantastic with a swivel, due the extra bristles it demolishes slug trails, just soooo happy with it. I didnt need to change the varistream settings and i dont think i used any more water or if it did because its faster i did the same amount of work but shaved at least half an hour off my day!

Also tried wide fans and narrow fans, no good for me for window cleaning, not accurate enough, but again for pvc they will be amazing

When i swapped back to the medium hybrid it was like cleaning the windows with a toothbrush, it seemed tiny and needed soo many more strokes per window.

The only time i can imagine using the smaller brushes now would be on windy days or when using my slx 25 on full reach.
gd post keir thats why this forum stands out from the rest

Yeah thats the one tuffers, no i dont have any Georgians on my round. But yes i reckon the wide would be fine on them cause even with the normal super-lites they still bridge the frames, or do they sit in between the frames?

Yeah i know exactly what you mean duncs, if it wasnt for this forum i would still be in the dark ages gear-wise, fair enough its cost me a fortune to get my gear to where it is now but i have spares, tools, poles, jets, brushes etc etc coming out of my @ss but i also have a tool for every job rather than having to compromise

P.s. The medium hybrid should also be made in the wide Alex please, as it is an absolutely brilliant brush, i will have one straight away thanks lol

Oh yeah, got my hair clippers on my old super-lite medium mixed. Gave both the white and black bristles a trim, really easy to do and it feels like new again. All you have to do is take a millimetre or 2 off as you can see the ends all nice and square again

Happy days!!!

Its 350mm bingo, just an update......it does use more water, i had to put my varistream up to the following settings pause pressure F and flow 4 from F and 3

I found the water coming out of the jets just wasn't up to it, it was taking too long to rinse.

BUT.....once i got used to the speed required and the shear volume of water coming out whilst rinsing......holy moly it is seriously fast cleaning with this brush, i mean REALLY FAST. But any stubborn bird cr@p etc its better to soak it and carry on on another pane, and even turn the water off and scrub it because of the water usage

What a brush!!!!!! I bloody love it

Here you are tuffers, one on its own to show you how its plumbed up

A comparison of a sill, extreme and the wide

Wow keir you really made me think of getting one. I mean i wouldnt be able to use it on every job, but it would save so much time on some jobs. The funny thing is it'd be lighter than my sill brush.. :rolleyes: Makes me think

Yeah you,re bang on there heyho about having it for some work and not others, i keep swapping at the moment and the wide is quite a soft brush and splays real easy, but if you let the brush do the work rather than pressing harder it has really good scrubbing power, whereas my extreme is much stiffer, so is the medium hybrid.

Weird thing is though is out of my two medium mixed extreme's one is softer than the other and the wide is the same as the softer one

I found a use for the soft flocked hybrid today, it is amazing at soffits/fascia's. So light and flickable and accurate, i thought i had wasted my money with this brush but nope its fantastic especially with wide fans fitted.

As for the weight of the wide, i cant really feel the difference until on full extension. It is much much lighter than a sill.

Tuffers would that be 'wide winifred'? Lmao

Oh yeah, got my hair clippers on my old super-lite medium mixed. Gave both the white and black bristles a trim, really easy to do and it feels like new again. All you have to do is take a millimetre or 2 off as you can see the ends all nice and square again
Happy days!!!
gd idea keir golden star awarded

Good review keir, food for thought, getting work done quicker is what we want. nice to know a product works gives more confidence in buying one and Mr. Gardiner will be happy, he is making us happy with his great products:)

Back