Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro booster pump

UncleAlbert

Has anyone fitted a booster pump to their RO system?

How much do they cost and is it worthwhile?

Whereabouts in the system do you place the pump?

Just considering this as have low water pressure, so RO not at efficient as could be. Most of the pumps seem to be c. £300 - £400.

From what I've read, RO should be more efficient as well as faster production of pure.

Would be interested to hear if others think worth the investment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just considering this as have low water pressure, so RO not at efficient as could be. Most of the pumps seem to be c. £300 - £400.
From what I've read, RO should be more efficient as well as faster production of pure.

Would be interested to hear if others think worth the investment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Albert depends what to system you have m8 if its a 450gpd or lower then you need the Aquatech 8800 booster, if you've got the 4040 set up you will need the clarkes pump.

As for where it goes they say after the first pre filter but I have mine before the prefilters been fine.

You only have a 75 gpm ro so is totaly pointless considering a booster pump on that.

Instead of messing about buy yourself a decent RO

Has anyone fitted a booster pump to their RO system?How much do they cost and is it worthwhile?

Whereabouts in the system do you place the pump?

You only have a 75 gpm ro so is totaly pointless considering a booster pump on that.Instead of messing about buy yourself a decent RO
Could upgrade my ro unit with an extra membrane to increase output?

Could upgrade my ro unit with an extra membrane to increase output?
Yes you can add extra membranes, personally I'd buy a complete 450 gpd ro system complete with membranes 20" pre filters all for £200 from Collins water. That's what I've got and added a Aquatech 8800 booster pump with solenoid cut off. Good bit if kit.

Albert type in clarkes booster pumps and they will come up not sure what the code is on them and don't know how to put piccys on here. I'd only go for a clarkes pump if I was using a 4040 set up.

Back