heyoh

How often to clean your pole?

heyoh

do you guys clean your poles every week? what about brushes?

my new pole looks so used after only one week of use, i do look after it tho

thing is this my first pole that i bought brand new, so I want to keep it in mint condition :)

keir

Yep i clean them once a week in summer and give them a rinse everyday in winter, you got the slx didnt you? Much less maintenance needed on the slx compared to a facelift

RiceRocket

Never & it's still going strong 9 months later.

Though I do try to wipe through the pole hose at end of the shift.

koopmaster

i lacquer it every 2 weeks thats all and sometimes give the brush a quick rub to remove dirt

tench0771

i clean mine every now an again brush gets soaked over the weekend i swish it out a few times a day during the week to

Smurf

I think I've cleaned my old hybred once or twice in the last 5 years and that was probably once too often.:D

Tuffers

I clean mine if it gets grit in it. Forget where, but it picked up a load of grit off the hose last week and ripped the stop tape to shreds and the tape started to clog up the pole, making it a ball ache to use. I pulled the sections apart and got rid of the stop tape altogether.

tench0771

coa i get loads of that down my neck tuffers as im buy the sea nte mare at times:mad:

Duncs

first time i,ve had dog shit on my hose!!!

stinking all over my hands

water hose close an

tench0771

nasty duncs it ruins ur hole day that ive had it on my hands b 4 an then not relised an wiped my mouth lol tasted a tangy tast an then relised wat had happened i was nearly sick an was urging for days after every time i rembered it i now use a cloth to rap round the hose when i real in;)

Tuffers
nasty duncs it ruins ur hole day that ive had it on my hands b 4 an then not relised an wiped my mouth lol tasted a tangy tast an then relised wat had happened i was nearly sick an was urging for days after every time i rembered it i now use a cloth to rap round the hose when i real in;)

I always reel in with the hose running through a cloth.

heyoh

:eek::turd: OMG that's disgusting, i hate it when it gets on my trousers or gloves, but in my mouth... unless you're just joking with us tench :D

I clean mine if it gets grit in it. Forget where, but it picked up a load of grit off the hose last week and ripped the stop tape to shreds and the tape started to clog up the pole, making it a ball ache to use. I pulled the sections apart and got rid of the stop tape altogether.

Yes that's what i mean, we had some rainy days this week and my sections got grit and mud on them too, i can just feel it's not as smooth to extend/close the sections.

Also my brush collected so much spider web, i think i'm gonna have to soak it in warm water.

(btw how do you insert usernames in your comment?)

tench0771
:eek::turd: OMG that's disgusting, i hate it when it gets on my trousers or gloves, but in my mouth... unless you're just joking with us tench :D

Yes that's what i mean, we had some rainy days this week and my sections got grit and mud on them too, i can just feel it's not as smooth to extend/close the sections.

Also my brush collected so much spider web, i think i'm gonna have to soak it in warm water.

haha i :turd: u not im deadly searus it was a long time ago i was ill for weeks was one of the most destusting things that has ever hapend to me i all ways use the rag on the hose teckneek now:oops:

keir

No where near as bad dog turd but last week i came back round from the rear of a house to find a massive horse turd on top of my hose but it wasn't just one load its was a big'un then loads of little bits, fair old had a stink on being only 30 secs out of the horses ass lmao

Tuffers

Put @ then the persons name and while you're typing the first few letters of the name similar names pop up on the screen @heyoh

Tuffers
No where near as bad dog turd but last week i came back round from the rear of a house to find a massive horse turd on top of my hose but it wasn't just one load its was a big'un then loads of little bits, fair old had a stink on being only 30 secs out of the horses ass lmao

At least you had hot water for a few minutes @keir :rofl:

cheapncheerful

too much :turd::turd::turd: around on here tonight...not had the old dog butt candy as mrtaytay says for a while....not so bad as a trad as its usually on the rungs...yukky..

Eclipse

Pole once a week, lines probably every few jobs depending on where I'm working.