Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How often to clean your pole?

heyoh

do you guys clean your poles every week? what about brushes?

my new pole looks so used after only one week of use, i do look after it tho

thing is this my first pole that i bought brand new, so I want to keep it in mint condition /emoticons/smile.png

Yep i clean them once a week in summer and give them a rinse everyday in winter, you got the slx didnt you? Much less maintenance needed on the slx compared to a facelift

Never & it's still going strong 9 months later.

Though I do try to wipe through the pole hose at end of the shift.

i clean mine every now an again brush gets soaked over the weekend i swish it out a few times a day during the week to

I think I've cleaned my old hybred once or twice in the last 5 years and that was probably once too often./emoticons/biggrin.png

I clean mine if it gets grit in it. Forget where, but it picked up a load of grit off the hose last week and ripped the stop tape to shreds and the tape started to clog up the pole, making it a ball ache to use. I pulled the sections apart and got rid of the stop tape altogether.

nasty duncs it ruins ur hole day that ive had it on my hands b 4 an then not relised an wiped my mouth lol tasted a tangy tast an then relised wat had happened i was nearly sick an was urging for days after every time i rembered it i now use a cloth to rap round the hose when i real in;)

nasty duncs it ruins ur hole day that ive had it on my hands b 4 an then not relised an wiped my mouth lol tasted a tangy tast an then relised wat had happened i was nearly sick an was urging for days after every time i rembered it i now use a cloth to rap round the hose when i real in;)
I always reel in with the hose running through a cloth.

:eek::turd: OMG that's disgusting, i hate it when it gets on my trousers or gloves, but in my mouth... unless you're just joking with us tench /emoticons/biggrin.png

I clean mine if it gets grit in it. Forget where, but it picked up a load of grit off the hose last week and ripped the stop tape to shreds and the tape started to clog up the pole, making it a ball ache to use. I pulled the sections apart and got rid of the stop tape altogether.
Yes that's what i mean, we had some rainy days this week and my sections got grit and mud on them too, i can just feel it's not as smooth to extend/close the sections.

Also my brush collected so much spider web, i think i'm gonna have to soak it in warm water.

(btw how do you insert usernames in your comment?)

:eek::turd: OMG that's disgusting, i hate it when it gets on my trousers or gloves, but in my mouth... unless you're just joking with us tench /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yes that's what i mean, we had some rainy days this week and my sections got grit and mud on them too, i can just feel it's not as smooth to extend/close the sections.

Also my brush collected so much spider web, i think i'm gonna have to soak it in warm water.

haha i :turd: u not im deadly searus it was a long time ago i was ill for weeks was one of the most destusting things that has ever hapend to me i all ways use the rag on the hose teckneek now:oops:

No where near as bad dog turd but last week i came back round from the rear of a house to find a massive horse turd on top of my hose but it wasn't just one load its was a big'un then loads of little bits, fair old had a stink on being only 30 secs out of the horses ass lmao

Put @ then the persons name and while you're typing the first few letters of the name similar names pop up on the screen @heyoh

No where near as bad dog turd but last week i came back round from the rear of a house to find a massive horse turd on top of my hose but it wasn't just one load its was a big'un then loads of little bits, fair old had a stink on being only 30 secs out of the horses ass lmao
At least you had hot water for a few minutes @keir :rofl:

too much :turd::turd::turd: around on here tonight...not had the old dog butt candy as mrtaytay says for a while....not so bad as a trad as its usually on the rungs...yukky..

Pole I clean once every two weeks, brush is almost daily I get so much cobwebs and grit in the things. In fact when I'm cleaning I'm always wiping the brush head on the brickwork to get rid of cobwebs.

Latest Posts

Back