Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How often to clean your pole?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

heyoh

do you guys clean your poles every week? what about brushes?

my new pole looks so used after only one week of use, i do look after it tho

thing is this my first pole that i bought brand new, so I want to keep it in mint condition /emoticons/smile.png

Yep i clean them once a week in summer and give them a rinse everyday in winter, you got the slx didnt you? Much less maintenance needed on the slx compared to a facelift

Never & it's still going strong 9 months later.

Though I do try to wipe through the pole hose at end of the shift.

i clean mine every now an again brush gets soaked over the weekend i swish it out a few times a day during the week to

I think I've cleaned my old hybred once or twice in the last 5 years and that was probably once too often./emoticons/biggrin.png

I clean mine if it gets grit in it. Forget where, but it picked up a load of grit off the hose last week and ripped the stop tape to shreds and the tape started to clog up the pole, making it a ball ache to use. I pulled the sections apart and got rid of the stop tape altogether.

nasty duncs it ruins ur hole day that ive had it on my hands b 4 an then not relised an wiped my mouth lol tasted a tangy tast an then relised wat had happened i was nearly sick an was urging for days after every time i rembered it i now use a cloth to rap round the hose when i real in;)

nasty duncs it ruins ur hole day that ive had it on my hands b 4 an then not relised an wiped my mouth lol tasted a tangy tast an then relised wat had happened i was nearly sick an was urging for days after every time i rembered it i now use a cloth to rap round the hose when i real in;)
I always reel in with the hose running through a cloth.

:eek::turd: OMG that's disgusting, i hate it when it gets on my trousers or gloves, but in my mouth... unless you're just joking with us tench /emoticons/biggrin.png

I clean mine if it gets grit in it. Forget where, but it picked up a load of grit off the hose last week and ripped the stop tape to shreds and the tape started to clog up the pole, making it a ball ache to use. I pulled the sections apart and got rid of the stop tape altogether.
Yes that's what i mean, we had some rainy days this week and my sections got grit and mud on them too, i can just feel it's not as smooth to extend/close the sections.

Also my brush collected so much spider web, i think i'm gonna have to soak it in warm water.

(btw how do you insert usernames in your comment?)

:eek::turd: OMG that's disgusting, i hate it when it gets on my trousers or gloves, but in my mouth... unless you're just joking with us tench /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yes that's what i mean, we had some rainy days this week and my sections got grit and mud on them too, i can just feel it's not as smooth to extend/close the sections.

Also my brush collected so much spider web, i think i'm gonna have to soak it in warm water.

haha i :turd: u not im deadly searus it was a long time ago i was ill for weeks was one of the most destusting things that has ever hapend to me i all ways use the rag on the hose teckneek now:oops:

No where near as bad dog turd but last week i came back round from the rear of a house to find a massive horse turd on top of my hose but it wasn't just one load its was a big'un then loads of little bits, fair old had a stink on being only 30 secs out of the horses ass lmao

Put @ then the persons name and while you're typing the first few letters of the name similar names pop up on the screen @heyoh

No where near as bad dog turd but last week i came back round from the rear of a house to find a massive horse turd on top of my hose but it wasn't just one load its was a big'un then loads of little bits, fair old had a stink on being only 30 secs out of the horses ass lmao
At least you had hot water for a few minutes @keir :rofl:

too much :turd::turd::turd: around on here tonight...not had the old dog butt candy as mrtaytay says for a while....not so bad as a trad as its usually on the rungs...yukky..

Pole I clean once every two weeks, brush is almost daily I get so much cobwebs and grit in the things. In fact when I'm cleaning I'm always wiping the brush head on the brickwork to get rid of cobwebs.

Back