Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing jobs and managing customers?

buzzing

I am not sure I am doing right, are there any ways to get this right? I heard the London area is the most expensive and (live in Bournemouth) love doing people from this area's windows as they pay no probs unlike people who grew up in the area and are tight. But is it area dependent or is it the amount of windows, how hard to reach ( I use extension poles)?

Also, I was asked to do someone's gutters and fascias with her windows. I usually charge £17 pound for the bungalow with extension and three 1st floor windows with a 6 metre extension pole. I dont know if I annoyed this woman when I climbed on her roof to clean her roof windows and I left one with soap suds on after the strong wind scared me and got the hell down off there but I texted her for todays job and she said not today, I asked her when and she asked me how much, I said £20-£30 for all her bungalow gutters (basically all one side of bungalow and then one side of extension and the apex plus the £17 for the windows, did I overcharge?

If you suspect a customer isn't happy, should you ask why?

Some old folk I've found can be very tight or maybe they are living in a time warp regarding cost... Who knows :rolleyes:

Think some people, not all of course, just think window cleaners survive on peanuts. I second smurf on the time warp aswell. If custy has paid £5 to clean their windows for the last 10 years they cant comprehend why the price goes up, dont know if its because their windows havent grown bigger or they havent got any more windows. These ones are the ones that may say that the windy cleaner only takes 5 mins. Im just workin on pricing n quoting myself n just trying to be fair, if they not interested then you cant do much about it.all the best.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

Think some people, not all of course, just think window cleaners survive on peanuts.
that's very true : )

I had a call today - asking how much to clean a conservatory roof and may be windows on a regular basis as her current window cleaner is RUBBISH . I didn't like her attitude and was almost to hang up however I told her that I charge from £25 for conservatory roof (in fact I charge from £35 - dont know why i said £25)

She said Whaaaat no no no no - then ended the conversation . What she was expecting ? £10 - £15 to clean a roof ?! ridiculous

I get calls like that from time to time so I deliberately bump the price up just to get rid of them. /emoticons/biggrin.png

that's very true : )
I had a call today - asking how much to clean a conservatory roof and may be windows on a regular basis as her current window cleaner is RUBBISH . I didn't like her attitude and was almost to hang up however I told her that I charge from £25 for conservatory roof (in fact I charge from £35 - dont know why i said £25)

She said Whaaaat no no no no - then ended the conversation . What she was expecting ? £10 - £15 to clean a roof ?! ridiculous

Back