Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Clx

tench0771

i choped a foot off each section on my clx as it was badly worn its defo stiffer now lol

safe_image.php
ps excuse the heavy breaving lol

the sections were nackerd m8 wouldent grip at all spinning very badly so choped then down its now a 20ft pole ive took the brush off an it will b for gutter cleaning using a progutter tool as i have my pheonix 22 for every day use i also use the clx to un do gate bolts thats it realy:cool:

Good thinking as you don't want to knacker a good pole for gutter work :thumbsup:

the sections were nackerd m8 wouldent grip at all spinning very badly so choped then down its now a 20ft pole ive took the brush off an it will b for gutter cleaning using a progutter tool as i have my pheonix 22 for every day use i also use the clx to un do gate bolts thats it realy:cool:

glad you said it wasnt working as i was kicking the hell out of my laptop..

.its good to see you dont just dump stuff and keep it alive for other jobs../emoticons/smile.png

I wasn't meaning a clx was not a good pole but tile grit can damage/wear out sections of the pole you use for window cleaning. /emoticons/biggrin.png

It's so easy to do as when you scrape the debris back you then have to hand ball it out so if you have dirty hands when shorten or lengthen the pole tile grit & crud gets on the sections causing it to get trapped in the clamps. I either have to keep taking my rubber gloves off or wipe them with a damp rag which I've found alot quicker to do.

Speaking of gutter cleaning i tried a new method today, it worked a treat

Put my sill brush on, spun it so it was inline with the pole, made sure the downspout was clear then turned the water on and pushed it along the gutter flushing everything down the spout. No more sliced knuckles for me boys wooo hooo :laugh:

I like your thinking if there is not much crud in the gutters :thumbsup:

The job I did on Sunday I could not use a pole as was ali gutters with internal brackets that was full with crud. Some parts I did by hand clearing the downspout leaft guards and removing bad vegitation/sods. The rest I did by guttervac either up the ladder using a crevice tool or by guttervac pole. I ended up emptying the guttervac twice on that one.

Back