Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is it going to be a staring out the window day?

Yep looks like another day lost..

Apart from the weather how you doing Tuffers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep looks like another day lost..Apart from the weather how you doing Tuffers...

Well, I could change my resin or take the rear wheel off my bike as it's got a puncture or wait for lady T to come home from food shopping and have a bit of nooky :hehehe:

Pace yourself Tuffers.... it could be a long day...lol

Pace yourself Tuffers.... it could be a long day...lol

stud1-300x300.jpg

I've a new park home to exterior deep clean today, that is when I get off my fat **** to do it.

Doesn't matter if it's raining or not so I will just have to get wet again...Oh deep joy /emoticons/sad.png

Yep looks like a day off for everybody except boarcity.
chandler-joey-rain-o.gif

very funny....that was the heaviest rain ever i got trapped up my ladder...me got a wet ars..e...not amused at all....you canna trad in that...my dry scrim lasts about five minutes.....still i had a maccy dee....and i was determined to get my tenner....even if it got wet when placed down my socks....:rofl:

It didnt stop here. I paced the decks till 12 noon and then decided to call everything off. It was like a monsoon. Took the lady wife shopping this afto.....to the home brew shop;). Well, i did buy her some champagne yeast!

Hope you got your nooky tuffers. I didnt:(

i can understand you lads . when ur on your own your really your own boss . but once u take on workers [iv 3 fulltimers ] the priority changes, you gotta find their wages-thats why i now make sure we work during the rain. theres not enough money if we dont .

upside of this is you move forward at a pace and never get behind with work

How can anyone trad outside windows and do a good job whilst it’s raining baffles me?

i can understand you lads . when ur on your own your really your own boss . but once u take on workers [iv 3 fulltimers ] the priority changes, you gotta find their wages-thats why i now make sure we work during the rain. theres not enough money if we dont .upside of this is you move forward at a pace and never get behind with work

thats it in a nutshell , YOU think you get bad results- but you dont . to cope with rain you need a big stash of scrim on board ,i take at least 30 with me each day,on rainy days we use the lot!

That must be very unpleasant for your workers to have no choice in the matter to still have to work when it's raining.

Just curious as an employer you have a duty of care for their health & safety too so what if any rain gear do you provide. Also if/when they are doing ladder work especially on slippery surfaces what if any ladder safety devices do you provide?

How can anyone trad outside windows and do a good job whilst it’s raining baffles me?
it is just not worth it ....take it from old wet ar se....:rofl:

is that not one advantage of wfp?...even so i would need some bloomin good wet gear....

reminds me of when i used to work for daddy....and used to pray for rain...to have a sleep in the van....:zzz:

That must be very unpleasant for your workers to have no choice in the matter to still have to work when it's raining.
Just curious as an employer you have a duty of care for their health & safety too so what if any rain gear do you provide. Also if/when they are doing ladder work especially on slippery surfaces what if any ladder safety devices do you provide?
they have each a full set of waterproofs and the ladders are fitted with spikes . they do have a choice, if they dont want to work in the rain ,stay home unpaid. plenty of workers work in the rain, seafarers ,lollipop ladies etc . i dont know another firm who pays for rained off days in this trade .

I had a boss once many moons ago and his favourite saying was “if you don't like it there's the door"

Was the best move I ever made /emoticons/biggrin.png

It didnt stop here. I paced the decks till 12 noon and then decided to call everything off. It was like a monsoon. Took the lady wife shopping this afto.....to the home brew shop;). Well, i did buy her some champagne yeast!
Hope you got your nooky tuffers. I didnt:(
I did /emoticons/wink.png

Tuffers with all your "nookying" do you ever get any window cleaning done..??? lol

h

thats it in a nutshell , YOU think you get bad results- but you dont . to cope with rain you need a big stash of scrim on board ,i take at least 30 with me each day,on rainy days we use the lot!
they have each a full set of waterproofs and the ladders are fitted with spikes . they do have a choice, if they dont want to work in the rain ,stay home unpaid. plenty of workers work in the rain, seafarers ,lollipop ladies etc . i dont know another firm who pays for rained off days in this trade .
had inteesting one today got phone call two big jobs to do guy was cleaning the windows yesterday using W F P in the heavy rain , sure one of the jobs will be over £100. the cutomers going mental and large house. must say the rain yesterday was bouncing. this is the reason not to work in the rain

thats it in a nutshell , YOU think you get bad results- but you dont . to cope with rain you need a big stash of scrim on board ,i take at least 30 with me each day,on rainy days we u

Back