Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New van damp proof paint

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

I'm getting my new van end of next month, I've asked the company to ply line the van for me but I know that this van cones with plastic flooring do you think I could leave this in and not have to paint it and bolt my tank down easily? Or would I be better that the plastic tray is taken out and ply line the floor?

Thanks in advance /emoticons/smile.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what mine will have on the inside if I don't get it ply lined

ty6uhe8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My advise would be to have the sides plylined only. It will save any dents in the side panels. I would remove the tray and paint the floor with Protectakote. I would not have the floor plylined.

My reasoning is that you would want any water spilled to be able to evaporate away. If water gets trapped between the plylining or the liner, then the trapped damp could cause rust problems into the future. (water could get behind the rubber liner through the tank frame securing/bolt holes.)

Is the cab floor higher than the cargo area? If not, then you should find a way of preventing any spilled water from getting under the bulkhead and into the cab.

A friend of mine locally recently removed a soggy plyline floor from his van and was surprised at the state of the metal underneath.

I was actually going to post about this, is there any cheaper alternative from homebase to Protectakote?

Need to take the plylining out of mine, and was wondering if I can pick something up...

Latest Posts

Back