Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Two old boys nearly come to blows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

Was so close to slapping an old arrogant polish gardener today.

I was working clearing the gutters on a house when the lady said could you see if those bumble bees are nesting in my eaves. If so do you have a spray in the van that will kill them? My reply was sorry I don’t and to be honest I would not attempt to try killing them so best you contact a pest control firm and carried on working as you do.

Unbeknown to me the lady sent her gardener out to get some bug spray. Next thing I knew the gardener asked to borrow my ladder and while asking tried to move it at the same time. That was a bad mistake on his part as I went mental saying no you can't use it get your own ladder as if you fall off mine I will become liable. He gave me a right mouthful then walked off. Even the lady said leave it to the guy as she understood what I was saying.

Anyway I fished the job and started packing away then the lady came out apologising for his behavure and one thing that stuck in my mind that she said was he was a very arrogant man. I was thinking to myself when she said that NO he was a very lucky man I did not give him a good slap. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I was Pestie in a past life and still do Wasp and Bee treatments, it's cheap to get into and it's really easy money! The hardest part is the paperwork!

Are bees a pest though and aren't they protected ?

I was Pestie in a past life and still do Wasp and Bee treatments, it's cheap to get into and it's really easy money! The hardest part is the paperwork!

Last edited by a moderator:
They're not protected as such but it's an ethical grey area most pesties will leave them and try to explain that they're beneficial. I won't treat them, just move the nest or in the case of honey bees the local bee keepers love to come and collect them. Wasps on the other hand are fair game, nasty things!

Was so close to slapping an old arrogant polish gardener today.I was working clearing the gutters on a house when the lady said could you see if those bumble bees are nesting in my eaves. If so do you have a spray in the van that will kill them? My reply was sorry I don’t and to be honest I would not attempt to try killing them so best you contact a pest control firm and carried on working as you do.

Unbeknown to me the lady sent her gardener out to get some bug spray. Next thing I knew the gardener asked to borrow my ladder and while asking tried to move it at the same time. That was a bad mistake on his part as I went mental saying no you can't use it get your own ladder as if you fall off mine I will become liable. He gave me a right mouthful then walked off. Even the lady said leave it to the guy as she understood what I was saying.

Anyway I fished the job and started packing away then the lady came out apologising for his behavure and one thing that stuck in my mind that she said was he was a very arrogant man. I was thinking to myself when she said that NO he was a very lucky man I did not give him a good slap. /emoticons/biggrin.png
Vote UKIP. /emoticons/wink.png

Seriously though, what a *****. Glad you stuck up for yourself smurf. :thumbsup:

I could not fight my way out of a paper bag now nor by the looks of he could too. Bless him /emoticons/biggrin.png

They're not protected as such but it's an ethical grey area most pesties will leave them and try to explain that they're beneficial. I won't treat them, just move the nest or in the case of honey bees the local bee keepers love to come and collect them. Wasps on the other hand are fair game, nasty things!
bloody wasps...i mean what the hell do they actually do....if i see one ....its a gonner...i dont forget..

.three times in one year../emoticons/sad.png i was only trying to do my job...

i must admit....i not keen on letting my ladder out of my site....its mine all mine....somebody borrowed half the other day for an inside job....i wasnt happy till i got it back..

It's no fun being stung by wasps.

One thing I don't do is lend any of my work tools out especially ladders. Reason being if someone got injured or even killed I would never forgive myself for lending the ladders out.

bloody wasps...i mean what the hell do they actually do....if i see one ....its a gonner...i dont forget...three times in one year../emoticons/sad.png i was only trying to do my job...

i must admit....i not keen on letting my ladder out of my site....its mine all mine....somebody borrowed half the other day for an inside job....i wasnt happy till i got it back..

Wasp are great if you grow veg and stuff, they eat all the pests but any creature brave enough to sting me on the ****, which has happened, deserves to die!

ahh thanks for telling us they do actually do stuff ..

.but especially if they come in the house....bye bye wasp...i was there cleaning a window and being mr hard man walked straight through them so i suppose i asked for it...i laughed it off as i was being all macho....half way around the house i noticed i was turning bright red...all over....only then did i find out about allergic reactions...not so macho now../emoticons/sad.png

Speaking of bees and wasps. I bet we have all noticed the amount of nests in roofs, just above windows. Do most people carry on regardless?.It can be a bit tricky when they are flying in, just over your head. I am always ready to slide down the ladder, should they decide to swarm and attack.

Yes this time of year they are very common to see. As long as they are away from my work area I carry on as normal.

Back