Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladderrss???

jordan

Hello everyone i have a multipurpose ladder at the moment that reaches 3.5m i need a bigger ladder for other jobs what ladders do you recommend that could do most jobs i have about £100 to spend?

i need a ladder that you can attach other things to like standoff as im sure theres another 10 things i need for a ladder lol THANKYOU

Abru 6.1m Double for £85 at B&Q. Or if you can stretch to £130 the 10 rung Combi ftom BPS online, very stable & step ladder like capability.

trade triples are heavy , lord knows how heavy industrials are .

if you buy triples 11 -13 rungs they need to be rope operated or you wont be able to get them up and down easily . 10 rung triples are what i use for 3 storey work and i can extend them fully without a rope,but only just

Thanks both i think i'm both going to go for the lyte ladder but shall i get a double or triple? probably get the 3.42 closed height

If I wanted to REALLY extend my ladder, I used to rest them on a gutter, walk up and shove it higher using the slide on the plastic to get it higher. NOT recommended though!

i am ever so glad when i replaced my worn out 3.5 i went for the 4.2 as the bigger ladder makes it a lot safer...and it keeps your muscles in shape too!/emoticons/smile.png

There was a bloke on here that was adamant he wanted industrial tripples :eek:
Lol, that's exactly what I've got./emoticons/biggrin.png the bloody thing weighs a tonne, but I can't justify getting another one right now.

i like a 10 rung double for the day to day as its not too heavy and small enough to go down alleyways . i split it to get over gates as its not too tall .

one thing i will say about LYTE ladders when they come new they have a few sharp edges,its worth spending half an hour with a flat file rounding off sharp edges . clean new ladders well before using as they might have machine oil on them from the factory which is very slippy!

Thanks both i think i'm both going to go for the lyte ladder but shall i get a double or triple? probably get the 3.42 closed height
double and triple trade ladders from the same maker are made differently,the triples are much heavier construction ,though of course you can take two section off a triple and use that as your double. whatever you do,dont buy the domestic DIY ladders because altho they are nice and light to carry around they are not safe to use for fulltime use . i had a spell of using DIY ladders and had several near accidents with them.

i would only buy triples if you are planning on doing 3 storey work- think carefully before doing this high work as its a different ball game,especially come winter time . iv a fair amount of this work and it still has its risks but less so now iv a crew with me ,having somebody to foot the ladder on a big triple is almost essential . a downside about doing 3 storey is that once you start it its hard to get out from doing it as few others offer it -the money is good however ,i charge double - but in hindsight i wish i had stuck to 2 storey only as much easier

Last edited:
I would say 3 storey is defo wfp territory as ppl must be raving bonkers still doing them using ladders.

Back