Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Windows i can't get to by ladder fed pole backpack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi Jordon

I've found an 18 foot pole is too short for most 2 storey jobs I do especially over conservatory roof, facias etc so I use a longer wfp.

Most filthy conservatory roofs I deep clean I need to use ladders so am high enough to see what I'm doing to give it a good scrub and can also get to awkard bits.

Alot of jobs like fascia & plastic conservatory roofs you can just connect a wfp directly to an outside tap and add soap/chems to the area you are working on.

For glass cleaning you can either trad or wfp them using 000ppm pure water that you can make yourself using a ro/di setup and even from harvested rain water put through di resin.

18ltr backpack filled with pure water will not last very long at all so you will need to carry more containers about with you.

Maybe @Dodger and other that use backpacks can give some handy tips

First get a TDs meter, a 5 litre di vessel, 5 litres of di resin. Test your water from tap if its say below 50ppm you're sorted just use tap water but of its over get a large water butt and use rainwater if its just for odd windows. Still di it so a small pump to push the water from the butt through the di vessel. If you're just doing say half a dozen or so windows per day you could with practise on maintenance cleans actually almost get away with one full backpack but take another 25l just in case.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Didn't make it clear tap water needs to go through di as well but resin won't last as long.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Back