Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Keep blowing fuses

secs

Hi Guys

Hope someone here can help me out. Got 100psi shurflo pump and baysan controller. Keep blowing fuses one after the other. Been told battery is over charge"12v 26ah " in my trolley .Wiring is fine

cheers

Battery is fine at that voltage. Check all wiring for shorts and breaks
my control has four wire

blue to black on pump

brown to red on pump

red to postive on battery

black on battery

is that correct

cheers

my control has four wireblue to black on pump

brown to red on pump

red to postive on battery

black on battery

is that correct

cheers
Check that the pump runs ok on its own without the controller. I would still connect the pump up with an inline fuse.

If that works fine, then there is a problem with the controller. If its a Spring controller, then there is a possibility they they can repair it, but I would say that by the time you send it to them, pay for the repair and have it returned, it is probably more convenient to buy a new one.

Hi Guys
Hope someone here can help me out. Got 100psi shurflo pump and baysan controller. Keep blowing fuses one after the other. Been told battery is over charge"12v 26ah " in my trolley .Wiring is fine

cheers
Hello Spruce, I`m a service engineer for R&S, we have a lot of these shurflo pumps on our carpet extractors for example , 90% of the time when they blow fuses is because the pressure switch is arced, on the pump, cheap as chips to fix yourself, what I would do is fit your pole system so there is demand on the hose, then bypass the switch, just to test. if your struggling email me r[email protected] I will talk you through it, shurflo pumps are very reliable compared to some I work on.

Hello Spruce, I`m a service engineer for R&S, we have a lot of these shurflo pumps on our carpet extractors for example , 90% of the time when they blow fuses is because the pressure switch is arced, on the pump, cheap as chips to fix yourself, what I would do is fit your pole system so there is demand on the hose, then bypass the switch, just to test. if your struggling email me r[email protected] I will talk you through it, shurflo pumps are very reliable compared to some I work on.
We have had Shurflo pumps from the very beginning before controllers were brought out. Back then a pressure switch assembly cost £22.00 so we were overjoyed when we realised we could get a replacement microswitch from Maplin for £1.49 in those days. But our experience was that when the microswitch failed the pump either carried on running as the contacts had welded together or they burnt and the pump stopped working.

We never had a pump that continued running ever blow a fuse as the increased water pressure usually blew the plastic Hozelok connectors off. But once we bought Varistream controllers, all those problems stopped. In fact, I still have a few Maplin sourced microswitches in the parts box from 8 or 9 years ago.

We had many frustrated telephone calls with Williamson Pumps in those days, and even bought a 3.8LPM Shurflo pump from them to reduce the pump cycling that caused the premature failure of the microswitch. That pump is still in operation on my van today driving the second hose reel. It may even still have a failed microswitch in it TBH. It is nearly 9 years old and running perfectly.

I haven't run any other pump so I have nothing to compare them with, but for me, I see no point in not using a Shurflo. We have 4 of them in operation and a spare on the shelf above my desk gathering dust.

Back