Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter clearing job cancelled

Smurf

I had a chap phone me to cancel as he found someone to clear his guttering cheaper.

Guess from where he said?

Someone is going to be busy and will be working for next too nothing by the time groupon take there 50-60% cut /emoticons/biggrin.png

£25.95 to clear upto 15 mtr of guttering less groupon fees is utter bonkers if you ask me :confused:

I re-read that deal and is actualy clearing and cleaning of up to 15 metres of guttering:eek:

How bonkers is that? Bless him /emoticons/biggrin.png

Maybe @Tuffers that is unless I drop my prices down to £15.00 a pop /emoticons/biggrin.png

What a numpty that chap is :rolleyes:

Sounds like you have competition @Smurf, is the empire about to crumble? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to think laterally Smurf… Go onto Groupon or whater coupon site he used, buy a bunch of these, then sub out your harder jobs to him using your coupons! You will need to be there to supervise of course.

If ppl are happy clearing gutters then cleaning them also the fascias & soffits for a net profit of just £15 then more fool them I say. Groupon attract the wrong short of customers anyhow for any real profitable work in the future so I can't understand why window cleaners use groupon unless they are really desprate for work.

What do you folks think or is it just me?:rolleyes:

if you are a new starter or in your first year or so,groupon makes sense . it will get you out there earning . better than sitting at home . id think if your are on the ball you should be able to use the groupon job as a way in to mentioning your other services to the customer

i personally charge ten quid per side of house to clear out gutters and do very well out of it . and thats with a crew on ladders

The only ppl that will be earning will be groupon for doing bugger all. /emoticons/biggrin.png

That's just plan bonkers cheap @boarcity all the same :eek:

how long does it take you to do one on average [just the clearing out ] .? in my experience one side of a house is full and the other side almost empty . even if i drag it out its never takes an hour . usually half an hour

i charge double if its 3 storey

I would like to see a crew of ladders on the back of this small end terraced house.

http://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/threads/green-green-grass-of-home.10714/

Would you still do it for a tenner?

how long does it take you to do one on average [just the clearing out ] .? in my experience one side of a house is full and the other side almost empty . even if i drag it out its never takes an hour . usually half an houri charge double if its 3 storey

That's the problem when you have a fixed price like groupon deals as you never know how bad and/or awkward jobs are going to be. Alot of jobs I get a window cleaner would run a mile /emoticons/biggrin.png

That's the problem when you have a fixed price like groupon deals as you never know how bad and/or awkward jobs are going to be. Alot of jobs I get a window cleaner would run a mile /emoticons/biggrin.png
Lol, I've had an oak tree and a sycamore growing out of the gutter before. Most gutter jobs I get are about 2 hours on average, as the customers only ever call when the problem is visible, i.e chokablock..

That groupon guy is a joke. He'll soon learn his lesson all be it the hard way. You're better off without smurf. :thumbsup:

Yes I know who he is but not a good idea as he will soon twig how much he should really be charging then undercut me yet again:D

Back