Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Clarke pump model - bpt600

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul

I recently bought a clarke pump model BPT600 to increase the pressure whilst filling my tank up in the back of my van. I followed the instructions in the leaflet to correctly assemble the pump, however when I plug it into my van, it cuts out after 40 seconds. However, if I switch it on whilst it is not plugged into my van, it does not cut out. This is the second pump I have had and both times I have encountered the same problem...Has anyone got any idea why this may be??

Are you using a RO/DI in the van or are you just transfering water from a holding tank?

I recently bought a clarke pump model BPT600 to increase the pressure whilst filling my tank up in the back of my van. I followed the instructions in the leaflet to correctly assemble the pump, however when I plug it into my van, it cuts out after 40 seconds. However, if I switch it on whilst it is not plugged into my van, it does not cut out. This is the second pump I have had and both times I have encountered the same problem...Has anyone got any idea why this may be??

Are you using a RO/DI in the van or are you just transfering water from a holding tank?
I am putting the water straight into the RO tank. I have low pressure and it takes a long time to completely fill the tank, so I have bought the booster pump to try speeding it up.

So just to confirm you are using a hose connected to the mains supply (outside tap) from the house to the van RO with the booster pump inline? If so is the booster pump fitted inline before or after the pre filters?

Also what size RO, DI tank & van tank do you have?

I think it is before the pre filters, the water goes from the hose into the booster and then into the van

Just reading the spec on that booster pump and it has an auto on/off switch and bladder so you might be getting a false positive on the switch when going into the prefilters and or ro as the pressure in the system will increase with more resistance.

Thanks for the advice, as I am new to this I am not sure where the pre filters are, so think it is best to get someone to look at it

Back