Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just bought myself another ladder..

TolishAPurd

Hope the link works; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminum-window-cleaning-ladder2-5mts-extends-to-4-45mts-12-months-old-/181432990057?ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AGB%3A1123&item=181432990057&nma=true&si=xiEnP816yRCZFqfZLnnjTqgJh%252FE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I'm fed up of lugging my class1 industrial ladder about as its only a matter of time before I do my back in. And my round is getting bigger now involving a little walking between houses, so it would be nice to not be so tired before I even start work. Seemed a good buy to me, whadya think? I hope its long enough for average windows as I didn't have time to measure my current triple ladder, or at least the part I use on most houses.

By the way, does anyone here know kung fu? If you could come round and stop my mrs beating the

:turd: out of me when she finds out tomorrow that would be great.

Cheers./emoticons/biggrin.png

Whatdo you think of the price and size tuffers? Seemed a good deal to me as most of the WC ladders Ive seen go for more then £200 but I've not really looked around much.

Yeah, I'm not what you'ed call a 'nimble' build, and I've got size 11 feet so I'm not sure how I'll fair on it, but its gotta be better then what I'm using. I'll keep my biggun for the gutter work but the mrs is not going to be happy. I reckon the guy paid £230or so for it, and he says its like new, so I reckon I got a good deal so long as its as he described it. Can't wait to try it out.

kung fu is what I know but your on your own on that one grasshopper ...Good luck /emoticons/biggrin.png

[media]

Got it! ....and love it!

Initial thoughts;

I cant believe how light this thing is. Its in very good condition, no dents/bends, and the rubber feet don't show hardly any wear so the guy was true to his word. It feels very stable, but as expected there is a lot more flex then I'm used to on my class 1 ladder. Raising it is just a dream though, you can even use just your thumb to steady the top section before engaging the locking bar.

The height seems perfect for all the houses I do. I generally try to stay away from 3floor work, so at least this gives me a good excuse now. nice to know I'm not carrying any unnecessary weight, apart from on my gut. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I'm amazed by just how stable it is in use, the feet are about 6inches wider then my class 1. The class1 is wide, but this is a massive improvement.

In use I like the more space you get to the side, and the fact that you don't need to stretch as the ladder puts your window in line with your shoulder. And the increased access in tighter spots is useful as I have a couple of awkward ones with pipes, bay windows etc. and things to avoid.

I can't wait to give this thing a proper whirl. /emoticons/smile.png

not a type you see about much let us know how you get on.../emoticons/smile.png
I would have got one sooner but they just seemed so expensive. I managed to save about 100 quid on this including delivery. The las t ladder was just wearing me out, and by the end of the day I'm knackered especially if I've got any kind of distance to cover on foot. Apart from the flex it all seems a much safer set up for window cleaning then my other ladder.

and as usually ta smurf for my trip back to my youth...god i loved that series...kinda spoilt it when he said he couldnt actually do any of the kung fu...

I had the single A frame best piece of kit i bought

unfortunately car ran over it!! my best ladder is now in two parts

must say seeing your ladder at its full stretch I would put my bucket at bottom off your ladder

and as usually ta smurf for my trip back to my youth...god i loved that series...kinda spoilt it when he said he couldnt actually do any of the kung fu...
kung fu loved the series used to watch it with my dad then joined local karate club

How you getting on with this ladder TolishAPurd? I have been thinking of switching to a point ladder for a while, but as you said, so expensive.

Initial impressions are that its fantastic. I've not done a lot of work off it yet so ask me in a month or so for a better review. Its very stable, but theres a lot of bounce, although I am heavy. Got to say though that it is perfect for the job. Well worth the switch. I just got my large BPS ladder today so I'll be using that for gutters, and emergency use on 'b'stardo windows'. Think I've finally got my setup nailed.

Theres a few going on ebay at the moment mate.:thumbsup:

That's strange as works for me but here is the vid link on youtube then [media]

[/media]

Latest Posts

Back