Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bps scaffolding tower for roof cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

sdrah

I keep getting calls for roof cleaning and really don't want to turn the customer away - however I can't continue using a cheap roof ladder only as I find it a very unsafe method ... Could you kindly advise me what do I need to carry on roof cleaning in a safe manner ?

I would consider any kits up to £1500 in total as I can't afford to pay more . Most roofers use scaffolding - some use ladders and anchors . What do you thing about this tower will it be useful for what I need it for ? http://www.laddersandscaffoldtowers.co.uk/acatalog/quick_erect_trade_scaffolding_towers.html not sure how easily can be moved around especially by one person ...

That tower only offers you a certain amount of fall protection if you stay in it.

Scaffold the whole building including edge protection by a registered scaffolding company maybe?

Mind you H&S are not very keen on seeing ppl using a pressure washer stood on roofs tiles or from cat ladders for that matter even when using full scaffolding as the risk of a fall is greatly increased due to the tiles being wet/slippery and using a pressure washer as you can easily lose your balance. Then also would using a safety harnes and life lines be enough for HSE to make it safer who knows.

Best you contact H&S direct if you ask me.

thanks smurf - I ll be better cleaning windows then otherwise I might be very sorry one day ..

Latest Posts

Back