Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Storing pure water... how long?

Dundeeladdie

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and am thinking seriously about starting a window cleaning round up. Read loads of informative and inspiring threads on here, so thanks all of you.

My question is... Once the water has been purified and put into 25ltr containers does it stay pure indefinitely or is there a 'shelf life?

Thanks.

good question....er ....i not know as i trad but welcome to the forum...i can say ...it lasts longer in blacked out containers...as of course the sunlight creates all life....including us..../emoticons/smile.png

Just checked a 25ltr clear container that had 000 ppm put in it about 3 years ago left out in the garden in all weathers.

The tds reading I have just taken is showing 007 ppm but no way would I want to drink it /emoticons/biggrin.png

hey sounds good to me smurf....if its pure water it has nothing in it so where would anything come from?the mysteries of the universe unfold....i blame dark matter...and cosmic rays..../emoticons/smile.png

The RO filtration process takes out chlorine, minerals etc but doesn’t take out micro organisms out of the water. So if they are given sunlight and warmth will multiply quite happily. So you can end up with a microbiological soup with wiggly things in it and all /emoticons/biggrin.png

so you cant beat nature.....it makes you think.....thats why they look for water first across the universe for life.../emoticons/smile.png

i reckon two weeks at the most...if covered maybe longer...but why would you want to store it any longer? i suppose if its holiday time...i remember them...once upon a time..../emoticons/biggrin.png

My containers are so old now I tried moving them and the handles snapped off so just goes to show plastic doesn't last forever either.

Not as annoying as if you drop a full one on your foot when that happens. Lucky for me i didn't but the container did shatter rather well when it hit the ground though. /emoticons/biggrin.png

always makes me feel better when these things happen to other people as well....some days its just one failure after another.:eek:..and the air may turn a bit blueish...:whistle:

Just wait till you get into wfp work properly then /emoticons/biggrin.png

always makes me feel better when these things happen to other people as well....some days its just one failure after another.:eek:..and the air may turn a bit blueish...:whistle:

We used to get through 1400 litres a day on commercial work 5 days a week once a year we did have to scrub the inside of the water holders as over the year they turned green with algae never affected tds but very weird how it grew :-0

Latest Posts

Back