Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Telescopic lance arrived today!

scotty_boy

just got in and my lance has arrived got it unpacked and it looks a great bit of kit got the belt strapped on and had it extended gonna be fun holding that all day.

Why I asked is that it kicks like a mule and can be a nightmare to control... If you get one practice where no one can see you or you may make a fool of youself like I did /emoticons/biggrin.png

I wasn't using a very powerfull washer either just a 3000 psi 10 lpm and was dancing around like a fool trying to control it.

I take it @sdrah by the like you had the same problem then? /emoticons/biggrin.png
yes but luckily the last section stuck and couldn't extend it to its full length : )

not really : )

what do you thing about jet washing a roof using a telescopic lance from the ground ? a 30* angle can be created using a swivel nozzle - so water won't get under the tiles the bad point is that all dirt is gonna be blown in the face ?! lol

I've already tried it but using a gutter bend with my crappy 7.5m fully extended. Now that was rather fun to say the least as I spent more time dancing around the garden waving an uncontrolable pole about than trying to get the moss off the bungalow roof :laugh:

This looks maybe a better idea and has wheels and all:D

Dave_2nd_floor_wall_crawler_2.jpg

wall_crawler_2.jpg

Mind you omni have nicked the idea from the yanks as you do :laugh:

Onmi tends to do a lot of work in and around in London were they are based and look at ways to get jobs done then make it themselves. Hence why they started selling stuff as well. That was probably a couple of demo sections they were doing for a client so was going to leave it like that as you do just so to win the contract. /emoticons/biggrin.png

that looks like a great bit of kit smurf wish i found it out before i got my telescopic lance would be a bit easier to use!!

Looks ok on flat american style shingle ground floor roofs but I wouldn't like to try that method on 2 storey buildings over here. The type of uk tiles would also be a problem for the wheels & space you would need to use that I could see it being a nightmare even doing bungalows let alone 2 storey roofs. Most gutter clearing jobs I do the amount of broken mortar I can see on ridges & roof valleys not to mention slipped & broken tiles you would need a roofer to sort that out too.:rolleyes:

Back