Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Selling purified water in norwich ideas

Ashbrownbear

Hi I want to start selling purified water In norwich . Any ideas how I can advertise this or how much I can sell it for so can reduce my water bill.

So just for argument sake you have two windies that want to fill there vans every night. One has a 400 ltr tank the other a 600 ltr tank.

First question is could you supply enough pure water for the demand which is not that great?

Second question do you think it would be worth the hassle to have 2 extra vans turn up to be refilled each day?

Third question do you think making an extra few quid would be worth it as your water usage would go up?

Some sell pure water as cheap as £25 per 1000 ltr... after all it only costs pence to make.

Iv seen it for sale for £5 for 25litres. Would try only sell it by the barrel or have 1 other window cleaner maybe pay £40 a month for u limited use.to help pay for the bill.

Just because you've seen it for sale, doesn't mean its selling. Also be careful of your neighbours, if they start seeing vans turning up and buying it on a regular basis they could end up complaining to the council and putting the kybosh on it, unless you have the right to run a business off your premises. To me, it doesn't seem like its worth the bother.

I'm aware of window cleaning firms selling pure water but the ones I know of sell it from business units. I guess they have a large setup that can produce very large amounts of pure water than they actualy need.

I know a lad who sells 1000 ltr for £75!!!! But not sure how true that is as he's one of them who tells you how much he earns like a bragging right, from my experience those types of windy's usually talk out of their harris lol

Who would pay that much for pure that only cost pence to make beats me.

I think he maybe telling you pork pies /emoticons/biggrin.png

I know a lad who sells 1000 ltr for £75!!!! But not sure how true that is as he's one of them who tells you how much he earns like a bragging right, from my experience those types of windy's usually talk out of their harris lol

I recently cleaned for a very posh customer (a house which always has 3 gardeners around /emoticons/smile.png ) and she asked me if I can give her some water for ironing and how much it will be - i said I won't charge you for the water - thinking that she needs 5L - 10 L ?! may be ..... Next time I will ask as I ended up filling her four 25L drums and a pile of 5L ones lol it was about 165 L all together - took me an hour to fill them

Yes for free ....

Maybe ok for filling an iron but would cost a wfp cleaner using 600 L a day over a grand a week to buy from Morrisons.

Mind you could always start up a recycling plant with all the empty bottles /emoticons/biggrin.png

You can buy demin water in Morrisons, £1.20 for 2.5 litres

You should be on a commercial water tariff from your supplier.To be honest depending on how much you use and sell you'll probably be ok.

One thing to think about is your neighbours.I know one guy I used to buy it from years ago use to sell water from his garage.He was one of the first people I know to start selling pure water in the south east and done well from it.So much so that he had vans coming and going constantly from 5.30am to 6pm,you could get there some mornings  to 4 or 5 vans in front of you.

He eventually got reported and that shut it down straight away.I believe he got in trouble from the council as the garage was in a block.

Everyone would want to feel your collar, Taxman, Council, Environment, H&S, Water Company, Bank where the mortgage is and Trading Standards. Apart from them your okay. ? Do you know in your house deeds that you are not allowed to run a business from from your house?

Hi I want to start selling purified water In norwich . Any ideas how I can advertise this or how much I can sell it for so can reduce my water bill.
Hi there, I have just come across this and wonder if you are still looking to sell your water?  We are starting up in Norwich and looking to buy our water supply - the current rate is 35p a litre.  Where abouts are you based in Norwich?  How easy is the water supply to access?  Many thanks Andrée

Hi there, I have just come across this and wonder if you are still looking to sell your water?  We are starting up in Norwich and looking to buy our water supply - the current rate is 35p a litre.  Where abouts are you based in Norwich?  How easy is the water supply to access?  Many thanks Andrée
35p a litre what a rip off.

Spotless water here is one of the highest around and is only 4p a litre plus vat so 4.6p total.

What's your tds in Norwich..

Even if it's in the hundreds di would be cheaper than 35p a litre.

You should be on a commercial water tariff from your supplier.To be honest depending on how much you use and sell you'll probably be ok.

One thing to think about is your neighbours.I know one guy I used to buy it from years ago use to sell water from his garage.He was one of the first people I know to start selling pure water in the south east and done well from it.So much so that he had vans coming and going constantly from 5.30am to 6pm,you could get there some mornings  to 4 or 5 vans in front of you.

He eventually got reported and that shut it down straight away.I believe he got in trouble from the council as the garage was in a block.
He is now part of spotless water lol.

Done ok he has 

Latest Posts

Back