AnMadraRua

Is a transit connect double skinned?

AnMadraRua

Hi Guys,

I'm about to install my 350 litre tank in the back of my transit connect. It needs bolting down but I'm not sure if the base is double skinned. If it isn't I'll probably be able to do it myself, if it is I'll have to take it to my local garage which will incur more costs. Does anybody have any ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheapncheerful

dont really understand....if it is ...drill a bit longer...go for it....what can go wrong....well providing you dont hit the brake line or the wiring loom ...you will be alright...any way let us know ....we will either laugh or cry.......

AnMadraRua

Thanks anyway, I'm gonna use self tapping screws for sheet metal and a ratchet strap.

AnMadraRua

That's the problem, I might hit a brake line or worse, the fuel tank.

cheapncheerful

er no...get a nut and bolt on it....have a google and go for it but do it proper or else you will be smurfed....or squashed...:rofl:

Smurf

Best pay someone local to fit it properly as I would not have thought it would cost much to do. That is if you already have a proper tank frame so is just a matter of fitting it.

AnMadraRua

Taking it over to my local garage on Tuesday morning, he's gonna put it up on ramp and have a look.