Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Removing sticky residue from upvc

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

sdrah

is it anything on the market which will clean easily sticky residue from window frames ? a magic spray ?! : ) One of my customer used sticky tape to hang Xmas decoration and she used quite a lot : ) Do you know anything that will work quick on sticky residue ? thx

ahh i can dive in quick and say thanks to this forum who ever you were....we need a top tips page....sticky stuff remover off amazon great stuff ta who ever you were.../emoticons/smile.png

PVC solvent cleaner http://www.amazon.co.uk/Everbuild-PVC1S-PVCU-Solvent-Cleaner/dp/B0046QFTTG. I used it to clean something else the other week, buggered if I can think what it was now, but I thought blimey this is good for this.

EDIT: I had loads of tyreweld stuck to the plastics on my motorbike after having a puncture and it spraying out of the hole over the fairings. I tried white spirit (didn't touch it), sticky stuff remover (didn't touch it), then I used the solvent cleaner and it dissolved it!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You can a number of types of sticky stuff remover, that will take sticky off frames and/or glass, just search online. Here are a few I have used.

Oil Flo 141 - A very versatile product for removing all sorts of marks including sticky stuff. Smells strongly of chemical, even though they call it low odour - so think before using it inside a house and wear gloves. It's an American made product from Titan Labs, and you can get this in a few of the window cleaning supply companies.

HG Sticky Label Remover - Easier to get both online and in some local shops. Again, it smells of strong chemical, so think before using it inside a house and wear gloves.

My personal favourite...

Tec7 Cleaner - It's a spray on solvent cleaner. Does a good job and doesn't smell as bad as the others above. I normally buy mine in B&Q

Only use at a pinch...

WD40
. Yes, the penertating oil/water dispersant. It will remove some sticky marks. Not as well as the products above, but it will work with tape marks etc, but then you have to clean an oily mess of the frame / glass afterwards.

not done it for a while but hey it got me through the day sometimes....shame it doesnt last a bit longer:rofl: and i do believe it is still legal...hurrah...actually used to help with blood pressure and of course is certainly used by certain sectors of society for ...er...what did frankie say.....relax...:rofl:

not done it for a while but hey it got me through the day sometimes....shame it doesnt last a bit longer:rofl: and i do believe it is still legal...hurrah...actually used to help with blood pressure and of course is certainly used by certain sectors of society for ...er...what did frankie say.....relax...:rofl:
We used to sniff while playing darts in the pub /emoticons/biggrin.png and one of my mates would be drinking barley bites too :confused:

oh i couldnt concentrate and hit a dart board...dont know what barley bites are but knowing you....:rofl:

if its a drink mr taytay will know....he disappeared too...norm gone . joshua dodd ..everyone going....

oh i couldnt concentrate and hit a dart board...dont know what barley bites are but knowing you....:rofl:
if its a drink mr taytay will know....he disappeared too...norm gone . joshua dodd ..everyone going....
Like a snake bite, but barley wine instead of lager :puke:

ahh with you now.....thank god those days are over....me sensible in me old age...well most of the time....:whistle:

i do worry about the son who drinks loads of them jager bombs or what ever they are called..

no ...i a good boy now...mind you if mrs j had offered me a third glass...role on xmas..../emoticons/biggrin.png

PVC solvent cleaner http://www.amazon.co.uk/Everbuild-PVC1S-PVCU-Solvent-Cleaner/dp/B0046QFTTG. I used it to clean something else the other week, buggered if I can think what it was now, but I thought blimey this is good for this.
EDIT: I had loads of tyreweld stuck to the plastics on my motorbike after having a puncture and it spraying out of the hole over the fairings. I tried white spirit (didn't touch it), sticky stuff remover (didn't touch it), then I used the solvent cleaner and it dissolved it!

got this solvent cleaner - works fantastic and I am really impressed as it cleans the sticky residue like wiping the dust

Do not try anything else as this is a great product and it worth every penny

Thanks Tuffers

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
got this solvent cleaner - works fantastic and I am really impressed as it cleans the sticky residue like wiping the dust
Do not try anything else as this is a great product and it worth every penny

Thanks Tuffers
Yep, PVC solvent cleaner is the dogs. My bike, from this....

D4F97361-81C6-489F-BA69-59C76F2BA720_zpsh7jzgj9m.jpg

To this....

68309DEC-6734-4B00-AD54-603F21454878_zpsrdwddsnf.jpg

cheap as chips anyway less than six quid delivered and a big bottle as well.../emoticons/smile.png i made the wife unwrap it and she said it stinks....oops....

cheap as chips anyway less than six quid delivered and a big bottle as well.../emoticons/smile.png i made the wife unwrap it and she said it stinks....oops....
smells like acetone i think

Back