Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Garden trolly.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi guys im wanting to set up as a window cleaning BUT i cannot afford a van so i ask myself do i want to carry all the equipment around all day..nope i answered so i searched for transport on goggle and found a garden trolley with a handle to pull it around and i had a lighbulb idea, was this my answer ? Maybe i should ask my forum for an unbiased opinion or idea so what do you think? It would carry my wfp system and water tank and surplus supplies, soaps, clothes etc.

could fit 4 25lt water barrels, waterfed pole machine and carry ladders using hooks on the side thus able to carry many items with ease. Call me a genius if you like its ok.

I tow a bike trailer with 75 litres of water, 100m of hose, a pole, pump, battery, bla bla bla and a toddler! And I live in the Highlands so it's not exactly flat /emoticons/wink.png

Excuse the short replies & typos... Typing one handed whilst entertaining a toddler /emoticons/biggrin.png

I tow a bike trailer with 75 litres of water, 100m of hose, a pole, pump, battery, bla bla bla and a toddler! And I live in the Highlands so it's not exactly flat /emoticons/wink.png

Excuse the short replies & typos... Typing one handed whilst entertaining a toddler /emoticons/biggrin.png
God you must be fit. Id perfer to get a garden trolley and use a wfp an trad and water and think it would be better, i honestly dont know anymore .

You sometimes have to think if you're doing the right thing IMO. You have to have the tools for the job to be able to do the job. One of the main things in window cleaning is being able to get from A to B. If you can't do that, then re-think about being a window cleaner, as when your round expands, how are you going to get round it? Beccy uses her bike, so presumably her work is close to home, but she only carries 75L? Some of my work is 20 miles away, so I need more than a bike to get there. I think you need to have a good think about what you want to do really.

Now this chap likes ladders....hmmm..now which one shall I use /emoticons/biggrin.png

42294_4298868i.jpg

@Tuffers has a fetish for wfp brushes too :rofl:

You sometimes have to think if you're doing the right thing IMO. You have to have the tools for the job to be able to do the job. One of the main things in window cleaning is being able to get from A to B. If you can't do that, then re-think about being a window cleaner, as when your round expands, how are you going to get round it? Beccy uses her bike, so presumably her work is close to home, but she only carries 75L? Some of my work is 20 miles away, so I need more than a bike to get there. I think you need to have a good think about what you want to do really.
Im not doing this for a living as i already work i just want something to bolt onto my job as an income booster. I dont need hundreds of customers even 20 miles away it will be within a radius of about 3-5 miles and yes i can walk that no problem at all i just think a trolley would be better than that guy in the above pic is doing. Id rather push or pull than lift and carry. I thought about just using a back pack to clean frames and trad on a pole for windows thus negating the need for a ladder. Honestly if i had a customer base of 20-30 customers a month paying 4-5 quid a time id be very happy. Im not easily persuaded just to walk away from potentially a good money making source just cos i dont have a car/van. I pride myself of thinking outside the box and my idea of pulling a garden trolley look it up would be a great idea and yes im aware of the expansion scope limitations.

hi and welcome to the forum andrew wakeman...not so sure about your idea as it sounds like very hard work...get a donkey and you will suddenly become popular...

its very hard to make enough money at times and so you have to be fast...trundling along the road ...i dont think i could make it pay...
/emoticons/smile.png keep us informed of your progress anyway...

mind you there is a massive saving on tax fuel insurance...makes you think....

Work from a car. I easily fit my backpack/trolley system plus up to 8 20L barrels in, one on the footspace and one on the seat bit for each seat in the car, plus 2 in the back (I have an estate). Whether or not your car will carry an extra 250kg well or not is a seperate matter, but you don't have to put that much in.

Back