Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ecover and pure water!

james44

Thought i would post this to help peeps as to why ecover works with pure water! when other dish soaps dont!

Well ecover washing up liquid has a neutral ph of 7 the same as pure water!

so thats why it is ideal for pure water fed pole work a cleaner that does not affect the pure waters ph thus keeping it pure!

hope this helps!

ps.pure water has a ph of around 7.0 at 25 °C (77 °F)

james

It's people's preference but I found it glided easier and cut through the grime better and the windows gleaned and stay that way longer which I suppose is not a great thing lol

It's people's preference but I found it glided easier and cut through the grime better and the windows gleaned and stay that way longer which I suppose is not a great thing lol
You should do a advert for them that sounded good haha /emoticons/ohmy.png
Well now you mention it lol

I fail to see how it's ph makes it pure.

If James44 knows that the reason is it's ph then I need him to explain further.

Infact, looking at the ingredients of ecover washign up liquid i see that it has Citric Acid in it, now, unless it has some alkine in it at a perfect balance to neutralise the acid(i see no need for them to do that), then it would have a ph closer to maybe 5-6.

Also, many other of the ecover range try to keep a ph close to 5.5 the same as human skin, so I will assume with the ingredients and natural way that companies make their liquids human friendly that they owuld keep a ph closer to skin, than pure water.

Also, as james has posted this same thread in other forums I hope he is right before stating that the reason is the reason.

I don't say I am right, and ecover may work, but after what seems to be 5mins of research I am carefully coming to the conclusion that the ph balance is not the reason.

Yet more research shows that oranges an lemons, both packed with citric acid, have a pH of 3-4 and 2-3.

Many people use citric acid to soften hard water aswell.

I fail to see how it's ph makes it pure.

If James44 knows that the reason is it's ph then I need him to explain further.

Infact, looking at the ingredients of ecover washign up liquid i see that it has Citric Acid in it, now, unless it has some alkine in it at a perfect balance to neutralise the acid(i see no need for them to do that), then it would have a ph closer to maybe 5-6.

Also, many other of the ecover range try to keep a ph close to 5.5 the same as human skin, so I will assume with the ingredients and natural way that companies make their liquids human friendly that they owuld keep a ph closer to skin, than pure water.

Also, as james has posted this same thread in other forums I hope he is right before stating that the reason is the reason.

I don't say I am right, and ecover may work, but after what seems to be 5mins of research I am carefully coming to the conclusion that the ph balance is not the reason.

Yet more research shows that oranges an lemons, both packed with citric acid, have a pH of 3-4 and 2-3.

Many people use citric acid to soften hard water aswell.
masons your missing the point of ph 7 is neutral and that is Solutions with a pH less than 7 are said to be acidic and solutions with a pH greater than 7 are basic or alkaline. pH measurements are important and how liquids are processed can alter the ph levels, also citic acid helps to adjust ph levels!

cheers james

Hi, this might be my first post I'm not sure lol.

Been reading a lot about ecover and I'm using it now too (although I'm trad) and although it's the first time I've heard anyone mention it's PH I don't know about WFP but trad it don't smear if I screw up a tad and I'm new so it's more often than it should be and what I've surmised from all the reading is that it's not so much about whats in it but what isn't, Petroleum based Chemicals (which apparently are in fairy etc).

i get the gist of ph values-vague memories of dipping litmus paper in stuff-but don't really get the science or relevence of it.

all i know is thus:

1- 5mm of ecover in a 25ltr drum raised the tds by 2

2-ecover in pure water has no discernible negative effect, and makes shifting stuff such as algae off frames easier.

3-ecover in water of 200 tds does'nt stop spotting! /emoticons/smile.png

Hi, this might be my first post I'm not sure lol.

Been reading a lot about ecover and I'm using it now too (although I'm trad) and although it's the first time I've heard anyone mention it's PH I don't know about WFP but trad it don't smear if I screw up a tad and I'm new so it's more often than it should be and what I've surmised from all the reading is that it's not so much about whats in it but what isn't, Petroleum based Chemicals (which apparently are in fairy etc).
I'm trad as well mate and as I said I wouldn't use anything else.

You lot have now totally lost me. It either cleans or it don't lol

James, how am I missing the point?

Are you stupid?

I KNOW what pH levels are, I'm not stupid.

I'll speak to you in a form of an illustration:

A caterpillar is an insect. That statement is correct.

A insect is a caterpillar. That statement is not correct.

What you're saying is that water is ph7 when it is pure. meaning that just cause something is ph7, means it will leave the same results as water.

Is this totally true, I need the sources of your information, or the scientific reasoning behind this.

Without any, I'll not believe your post.

I'm not saying that ecover leaves residue, and I'm not saying it isn't ph7.

What I am saying is that your theory, lacks scientific proof.

Explain please.

No points are being missed, in fact, I probably know more about science than you, just like I know more about reading, as i had already stated that people use citric acid to adjust pH levels in liquids, you didn't need to re-inform me.

Regards, but please read my posts fully, Masons

Yes JP, but you you or anyone else see what I am getting at?

He thinks I just don't understand.... I understand everything he said, I just want either someone elses research or his, to prove that his reason for it not leaving residue, are down to the pH levels.

Thanks.

Calm down, calm down peeps. OK so maybe it is not entirely true maybe it is we done need to throw our toys out of the pram /emoticons/smile.png

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

No toys are being thrown?

Why are people commenting on being calm and easy and being confused, instead of commenting on the issue of the thread?

Seriously?

are they saying i can put ecover in my backpack without knackering the windows up or are they using it with pure water to trad ??????????????????????????????????

Back