Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Luving my set up

tench0771

10456816_1437137873214875_4171585683194920567_n.jpg
10304795_1437137923214870_979532483789120812_n.jpg
cleaned this aquad conny roof to day took 1 hour sweeting me cobs off:rolleyes: but i was safe using the ankalad on these sloping slipery painted stone flore i used it 3 standing an it was mch safer than my old way of cleaning it ie standoff with a wcw foot the ladder even the custmer came out an said coa that looks very safe :cool: , i am usly a bit short tempered in these hot days when im stuck in one place sweeting like a pig but think her classicle music keeped me calme:D

I always avoided ladders as much as I could but wish I had one of these when I was cleaning looks much safer!

Nice pics...:thumbsup:

I must admit I struggled for a long time feeling unsafe using ladders until I started using an ankalad.

Last edited by a moderator:
these bloomin ankalads are catching....think smurfs got shares in the company....great piece of kit...great photos and great job as usual../emoticons/smile.png.

yeh me not a fan of the sun....in fact ...i not working on jobs like that anymore...just got one on friday gutters/facia clean and she told me where the sun tracks so i can avoid it .../emoticons/biggrin.png

top day today...the sun hardly showed and i got stuck in....it came out and i thought oh no thats it as it started burning my neck but it clouded back up again....more cloud please..nice to be in shorts all the time though....:cool:

these bloomin ankalads are catching....think smurfs got shares in the company....great piece of kit...great photos and great job as usual../emoticons/smile.png.yeh me not a fan of the sun....in fact ...i not working on jobs like that anymore...just got one on friday gutters/facia clean and she told me where the sun tracks so i can avoid it .../emoticons/biggrin.png

top day today...the sun hardly showed and i got stuck in....it came out and i thought oh no thats it as it started burning my neck but it clouded back up again....more cloud please..nice to be in shorts all the time though....:cool:
tell me about it i posted my set up on smurfs favurt forum (facebook)/emoticons/biggrin.png:D:D an to people like the look an r guna buy a ankalad:thumbsup:

yeh mines not a bad camera just have great difficulties getting the photos off and on to here. in fact ...i have a lot of trouble doing anything on my new smart camera but i am slowly getting there....i love the colour of the ankalad..

and yes i will buy one soon...even if its just for my three storey set of flats on yorkshire stone........

..its alright when they are dry....:eek:

The spin off I've found is that ppl will comment on how professional you approach the job in hand as are always impressed with my kit if you know what I mean /emoticons/biggrin.png

yeh mines not a bad camera just have great difficulties getting the photos off and on to here. in fact ...i have a lot of trouble doing anything on my new smart camera but i am slowly getting there....i love the colour of the ankalad..
and yes i will buy one soon...even if its just for my three storey set of flats on yorkshire stone........

..its alright when they are dry....:eek:
i load frm phone to facebook then copy an past on here this is the only forum i post pix on now apart frm face book im luving the soft were on here nce one( gav ) good job:thumbsup:

yes m8 they lasted a week till i got peed off with them tangling all the time there is a bar to stop the ladder bing over extended any way so no need for them realy

My ladder was still in the packaging and I was already thinking of cutting them off. Is it a combination ladder? The instructions seemed to suggest it was, and I figured that was what the straps were for, but I don't think I'll use that option anyway.

im not shore m8 2 b honist i just cut them with out thinking as i will only use it as a standerd extender /emoticons/smile.png

A combi 12 rung triple has different brackets on the top of the first section which have angles on them not straight end. At the top of the second section it will have 4 locating pins on it. Also has an extra ali arm attached to one side of the stile that swings out when wanting to set it as an A frame ladder. If you cut the straps off a combi then best you don't try using it as an A frame ladder unless maybe you can use ratchet straps instead for the correct ladder splay.

To be honest those straps are a pain in the **** and I think it's a poor design as you would have thought they would have separate straps that could be quickly attached when required instead of getting in the way all the time.

Hi Tench if you get the time would mind posting a close up pic of the points where it bolts tot he ladder. Tks

Back