Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Joined the ankalad gang today...

TolishAPurd

So I've been after this setup for a while, and the day has finally come...

Ladder arrived today, and the ankalad has been sat in its box waiting patiently. It didn't take too long to fit thanks to the instructions smurf posted, and tenches pics of the finished article.

I cleaned the gutters moments before with a stand off, but no ankalad, but when I went up with the poles on I noticed just how little bounce there was. I can't believe I've been cleaning gutters without this. I'm impressed with the bps ladder too, the bottom bar is a lot wider then I thought it would be, extremely stable.

oh i remember those days....:rofl:

she said the other day....what do you want for breakfast....(this is only for the new private chat area!)

so i said....you bent over that settee...so she dropped to the floor fully dressed and duly bent over...

so i said...i am not eighteen anymore...for a start the curtains are wide open and certain neighbours just come to the window:eek:

and so i said you have to slow down...undo your buttons and slowly walk over and draw the curtains as your jeans start to drop down your lovely legs...

a couple of days later ...she said what do you want for breakfast?

i said you bent over that settee...so she dropped to the floor fully dressed and duly bent over..:hehehe:

er the ankalad is a lovely blue colour...to get back quick on topic before the gav police get me...

Just what till you start using a microlite with it then as you will drive your mrs nuts /emoticons/biggrin.png

Cheers guys. chuffed to bits. I keep boring my wife talking about it. lol /emoticons/biggrin.png

Just what till you start using a microlite with it then as you will drive your mrs nuts /emoticons/biggrin.png
The microlite should be in the post by now, I'm hoping it will be here tomorrow. She'll love it. /emoticons/wink.png

You get asked what you want for breakfast :eek:/emoticons/biggrin.png

oh i remember those days....:rofl:
she said the other day....what do you want for breakfast....(this is only for the new private chat area!)

so i said....you bent over that settee...so she dropped to the floor fully dressed and duly bent over...

so i said...i am not eighteen anymore...for a start the curtains are wide open and certain neighbours just come to the window:eek:

and so i said you have to slow down...undo your buttons and slowly walk over and draw the curtains as your jeans start to drop down your lovely legs...

a couple of days later ...she said what do you want for breakfast?

i said you bent over that settee...so she dropped to the floor fully dressed and duly bent over..:hehehe:

er the ankalad is a lovely blue colour...to get back quick on topic before the gav police get me...

I bet she will now you have spent all her spending money /emoticons/biggrin.png

The microlite should be in the post by now, I'm hoping it will be here tomorrow. She'll love it. /emoticons/wink.png

You get asked what you want for breakfast :eek:/emoticons/biggrin.png
not for a while...and i think she was talking to the dog...:rofl:

let us know how you get on tolish...i think ...i want the micro light first...sick of squashing gutters..

Looking good:thumbsup:. Jealous just now. There are little smurfs popping up everywhere with those blue ankalads. Spoke to my wife about getting the kit, I just get a look. Just bought a foot the ladder so have to wait a bit:thumbsdown:. Want the rest of this kit tho:whistle:

I'm just glad to do my bit as having the right tools makes jobs easier and much safer to do.

Looking good:thumbsup:. Jealous just now. There are little smurfs popping up everywhere with those blue ankalads. Spoke to my wife about getting the kit, I just get a look. Just bought a foot the ladder so have to wait a bit:thumbsdown:. Want the rest of this kit tho:whistle:

Its a good setup, god knows why I struggled for so long with my last one. This is what I consider to be "doing it properly". And like smurf says, the customers do notice when you bring good tools to the job, especially if its something they've not seen before.

More importantly I've also found ppl will pay a premium to know the job is going to be done properly & safely too.

The amount of times I won work from others even being a lot more expensive than them just goes to show it's not all about who can do it for the cheapest price.

Its a good setup, god knows why I struggled for so long with my last one. This is what I consider to be "doing it properly". And like smurf says, the customers do notice when you bring good tools to the job, especially if its something they've not seen before.

More importantly I've also found ppl will pay a premium to know the job is going to be done properly & safely too.
The amount of times I won work from others even being a lot more expensive than them just goes to show it's not all about who can do it for the cheapest price.
I get exactly the same with my other lines of work, particularly gardening. My rate is about double what most people charge around here, but I am able to do twice the work in the same time as I turn up with professional Stihl petrol equipment, and not the cheap tacky Homebase gear some turn up with.

The microlite has turned up today, its huge! Can't wait to give it a whirl. I did well out of the gutters last winter, but it would be nice to get some in the summer, so I'll do a bit of a push for them soon and see if I get any bites. We've apparently got some bad weather coming, so when people see the water pouring down they'll hopefully pick up the phone.

its a beast of a set up i reckon every one will have one on here soon:D
Its spreading like wildfire. I'm going to feel quite proud when I set it up on my first job, but I need to get a bit slicker at adjusting it. When I was trying to lower it yesterday, the pins went in every hole down the pole, but I know you can just give the bar a little twist and it doesn't.

Back