Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TolishAPurd

Joined the ankalad gang today...

TolishAPurd
Are the instructions any good?

You can figure it out just by looking at the main picture.

Smurf

They are dead easy to assemble which stays on the ladder so when not in use folds in flat to the sides of the ladder.

Dave B

I got a pdf of them istructions off the net just now..ta mate

1 last question. .what they like on wonky floors

Smurf

I have no problems as such as the telescopic ankalad outriggers adjust so once the base of the ladder has been levelled correctly what I use is this the ladder is still not going to go anywhere. I also use a ladder with a stabilising bar as in pic too

[media]

[/media]

Mind you after saying that I would be reluctant to set a ladder without an ankalad using that ladder mat.

Dave B

Ssshhhh you'll start boarcity off:D

Since he said how dodgy they were I have googled it a bit

A fair few accidents by the looks of things

I am gonna order them monday all new..ankalad.microlite and a few bits of new kit..boab has seen better days (held on to clip with cableties)

norm

hey guys middlands ladders £63 will sort you with similer item as ankalad

bought one and is :thumbsup:

Dave B

Been looking on midlands..cheap lyte ladders..any good??

I do a couple of 3 storey jobs..what size you reckon I need

Too lazy to take em off roof and measure em..lol

What size are those triples in the pic at the start of this thread?

cheapncheerful

obviously no window gutter/ cleaners in mansfield/plymouth...:Dquick get the leaflets out.

Smurf

I would not have worried about that myself as would have arranged to have had it collected by a courier.

cheapncheerful

yeh for that price it does make you think...maybe it will be relisted...keep your :specs on it....

Smurf

It's already been re-listed ;)

yeh for that price it does make you think...maybe it will be relisted...keep your :specs on it....

Guest boarcity
Been looking on midlands..cheap lyte ladders..any good??

I do a couple of 3 storey jobs..what size you reckon I need

Too lazy to take em off roof and measure em..lol

What size are those triples in the pic at the start of this thread?

i use Lyte 10 rung Trade triples for 3 storey work, cannot fault their trade ladders

well , i can,a minor thing,when they come they have quite a few sharp metal edges on the ladder fittings,i spent a half hour rubbing them off with a small file

Guest boarcity
Ssshhhh you'll start boarcity off:D

Since he said how dodgy they were I have googled it a bit

A fair few accidents by the looks of things

i know i bang on about them, but thats just to warn others of the unforseen danger . if you notice at 2.28 in the vid [smooth path] he has edited out his voice which previous said how good it is on a smooth surface . he did this after i told him that was exactly the surface i fell on . however he has not cut out the smooth surface film bit itself- and hes not a window cleaner either, i know this as he lives in my town - id never heard of him till i had my fall then i seeked him out

Dave B

I think it is good that we can all warn each other of this type of thing

Don't want anyone getting crippled or worse

Smurf

Today I was at a gutter clearing job and the lady said the chap next door was attempting to clear out the front guttering on her house and fell off his ladder last week. She went on to say he tried to land on his feet but the poor chap smashed his ankle, wrist, both forearm bones and shoulder when he hit the deck. Not to mention he was also badly bruised and will be off work for quite a while.

I think he came off rather lightly myself but just goes to show not using the right kit you run a higher risk of getting badly injured and for some sustain life changing injuries or a whole lot worse.

norm
Is it a sexy blue colour? ?

:D good point boring white sorry to say

Smurf

As long as it's safe to use who cares what colour it is I say :D

:D good point boring white sorry to say

norm
As long as it's safe to use who cares what colour it is I say :D

blue goes with ya skin

white with ya beard

you got it covered :thumbsup:

windowsurfer
So have you tried it out yet @windowsurfer?

Hi smurf, no I havent set it up yet, went on holiday on 4th of July for two weeks, then put in a 50-60 hour week. Might set it up tommorow, as wife is getting wisdom tooth out and she needs someone responsible to look after her due to the sedation:laugh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.