Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook bringing me in lots of work

A

abs

For those of you that have not got a Facebook page you should seriously think about getting one

I have a page and it brings all my customers together in One place I get reviews and talked about and I'd say 75% of my new work this year has been a result of facebook, a few hours ago I simply wrote on my wall " don't forget we can clean inside aswell and can do conservatories inside from £5.00" this month alone just from one sentence ill be earning £150 more and it gets people talking then they realise they need a roof or gutter cleaning can't be a bad thing plus it's free

great idea....not had much time to facebook but the kids love it....one daughter just started selling her used books on there to her friends../emoticons/smile.png

soon as i get the hang of my smart phone i will look into it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not many folk don't have it , we're a digital world and it's a easy way of reaching the masses

Good idea, maybe think about it, but im not keen on sitting on computer and having to comment on things all the time. this forum is my only guilty pleasure. Do you have to comment a lot or is it just my perception of facebook?

Only go on to do with work , I use it to message customers instead of texting them I quote online , I'm problem on 10 mind morning and 10 evenings, I'm not one of the sad gits who make it there life

If I had a established company already , I'd of not bothered with Facebook but for and new business I think it's a great easy free way to drum up work

hi yes i a bit too busy dodging work at the mo....i not truly understand how facebook works to be honest...unlike this site ..nice and easy ....and always a gav to call../emoticons/biggrin.png

I've heard its very good for business, but likewise I can't stand it. I'd rather pay for an advert then mess about on tweetbook all day.

Now I am not a fan of facebook but after reading this thread a couple of weeks ago I thought I would give it a try and use it to generate a bit more business.

So wanting to use this purely for business I thought I would be able to open a account using my business name...wrong

First you have to open the account in your own name and the create a business page...so I did

But what I cant understand is if I want to invite people to follow or like my page the invite goes out in my name not my business name...? this defeats the object of what I am trying to achieve. I ve clicked the button that says post as ...business name but any invites still go out as personal name.

I ve googled for a answer and see others are having the same problem..?

Is this how it works or is there a way round the problem...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I am not a fan of facebook but after reading this thread a couple of weeks ago I thought I would give it a try and use it to generate a bit more business.So wanting to use this purely for business I thought I would be able to open a account using my business name...wrong

First you have to open the account in your own name and the create a business page...so I did

But what I cant understand is if I want to invite people to follow or like my page the invite goes out in my name not my business name...? this defeats the object of what I am trying to achieve. I ve clicked the button that says post as ...business name but any invites still go out as personal name.

I ve googled for a answer and see others are having the same problem..?

Is this how it works or is there a way round the problem...?

well it wouldnt seem right if for example ABCwindow cleaning was inviting you to like their own page. i have found the best way to get likes is to put up a header with an eye catching message in it. i use pixlr.com and befunky.com to edit various photos/cartoons which i place in the header strip . then join as many local facebook selling groups as you can find and put your page link on them . after a while of doing this free,facebook will try to get you to do the paid ads. my advice is to go carefully as you can spend a lot in no time- altho the results from the paid ads are good

twitter is another way . now iv not done much on their but they too encourage you to run a paid ad, if you pay your tweet goes out to a bigger audience than your own followers,same as facebook paid ads

Cheers boarcity just downloaded the pixar.com app that looks very good

I know i am not a wizard with all this tech stuff but just cant get my head round this invite, follow and like on facebook..!!

As I said I just want to use it to generate business . I get what your saying about joining local groups ext to get your name out there but just cant see how when it goes out in my name and not my business name this is going to happen..?? I am sure it does work its just I cant see how...at the moment

i " ask to be a friend" of local individuals,bar staff, shop workers , anything or anybody local who might well have an army of facebook mates .once they are on your friend list you can then invite them to like your page . one tip - do the asks slowly cos if facebook gets wind that you are asking too many folk all at once without doing it the paid way , they lock your account for 5 days ,then 30 days or longer

it doesnt matter which name is inviting them to like your page ,as long as they see it .

Got yea, cheers mate

And that pixir.com is brilliant will be having a good play around with that over the next few days

the likely reason that you have to post under your own name is that you are the one accountable, the point of contact for any enquirer

Ok so is that how you do it or do you have another named person on your page as a point of contact..?

i,as an individual will ask [for example] to be a friend of a local bar manager , he accepts, then i invite him to like my business page. soon as he does that,ALL his facebook friends see that in their news feed , so it goes on

trick is to keep it local, in the area you work . i didnt realize this at first and ended up with lots of friends from a long way away,who while they like your page,it does nothing to drum up work if theyre in the phillipines

Latest Posts

Back