Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi all

Danfire

Hi everyone, been lurking for a while looking at tips and thought I'd sign up. I inherited a round in September last year in a large village a couple of miles north of Petersfield. Have about fifty houses that get traditionally cleaned every six weeks. Unfortunately for me the cleaner I took the round off hadn't put his prices up ever and he started the round over twenty years ago so after a couple of cleans I gave everybody the bad news expecting to lose a quite few but as it turned out I've only lost about three since I started and as luck would have it I never liked those ones anyway and I've managed to pick up about half a dozen. Window cleaning is not my full time job so the round is about the size I can manage in the time I have available, I do have an issue but will try to post that in the relevant forum. Thanks in advance for helping a newbie.

Hi and welcome @Danfire :thumbsup:

Sounds like you have made progress already what with the price increas and all...Nice one:)

Thanks Smurf, I didn't have much choice, the rates i inherited wouldn't have been worth the effort, I could have made almost as much working for Mcdonalds, I still consider the prices to be a bit cheap but I suppose I don't have to worry too much about being undercut. I have never worked for myself before and am enjoying learning a new skill, having no one to answer to and organising a schedule to suit myself.

hi and welcome Danfire...sounds like you got the round off me....i not putting up the prices enough either...although since i have been on here....i be sneaking them up ....well they pay the gardener, milkman,etc and if they say to me how much? its time to sneak it up...

i think most custys know if you are too cheap and some put it up for me...bless em. good luck in the future..and keep us informed of your progress....
/emoticons/biggrin.png

welcome Dan as a noob myself from a few months ago I can say you have come the right place, loads of good info on here and the guys are really helpful. good luck mate.

Thanks all, some great info on here and did check out some of the videos, particularly liked the squeegee technique vid, I thought I wasn't too bad but now I'm thinking I can improve and I'm looking forward to getting out again, shame the rounds finished for a couple of weeks, might have to do my own house again. Seen some great kit people are using, the ankalad looks useful, think I might have to invest in one of those and a decent stand off for the guttering jobs, probably need to bite the bullet and get some insurance as well.

Back