Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just been one of those days!!!!!:-(

keir

Uhhh maaaaan!!! (Said with a loooong sigh) lol

Pulled up to the first job, the sun was shining, had a smile on me face.....the day was lined up to be a cracker.

As i reversed saw u huge trail of water appearing in front of me!!! What the!!!!

Opens up the trailer, the 90 degree elbow for the tank pick up had pretty much snapped off, great. So i used my applicator to prop the elbow up which stemmed the flow a bit and got cracking before i ran out of water, plus the jubilee clip on the reel started leaking, i managed to get half a day done before it drained which i was fairly pleased with considering.

And then when packing up, i unplugged the pole hose from the micro bore and the female end didn't stop the flow as normal and turns out that knackered too, then once i put it all back together i was sucking the air out of the system and then bizarrely even though the digi controller was off the pumped kicked it at full pelt, i had to disconnect the battery to stop it. Luckily when i connected the battery again it all worked as normal!!! Whats all that about????

The reason the elbow snapped was because the reel bounces about in the trailer when driving about, so i nicked an idea off smurf and cut a piece of wood the exact size to fit in the back of the trailer, fitted four 22mm pipe clips and locked it in place, also should help stop the reel dragging about when unreeling it.

Phew what a day.......hopefully tomorrow will be back to normal

we all have em..../emoticons/smile.png..you just have to think hopefully its someone elses turn tomorrow...er no please not me ...i have enough dodgy days...

yeh booted the wall yesterday....it didnt feel a thing..:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha yep i know what you mean lads

But from my early days of wfp, soon realised on 'orrible awkward days the more angry and frustrated i got the more things would p*ss me off, so just go with the flow now and just laugh at it

yep way to go keir...sh it happens.../emoticons/smile.png i turn the air blue sometimes and freak out and i can hear myself and think its not doing any good but still do it..:gush:..usually ...why me?

Keir your day doesnt sound like fun, I've had an interesting day aswell. Noticed a wet patch on garage floor, checked the coolant, empty,topped it up and left for work, which is 20 miles away. Had to finish of 3 houses in one place, as too busy talking the day before, so that was a pest. When pulling my wfpole out caught it on in car charger for phone and hauled it apart, phone didnt have much charge:sad:. Then had to travel a few miles to next area. Fan on car buzzing away when I stopped but went off quite quickly.oh dear. Done a street. The street has two houses with flat roof extension, which I have to extend my slx25 pole fully, my hose got kinked inside:( and water just trickling out, hose got stuck inside took me a while of pulling the thing about eventually got it out and working.

Went to another house, woman asked if I done the upstairs window, I said no, didnt know that was part of the price:oops:, only get £3 for it and was sure previous windy I bought round off, said it was only the few windows at bottom, so apologised,( funny setup).

Went to b andq to look at ladders:specs, as waiting for time to pass til after 5pm to go collecting, thankfully dont have to do much of that. Got a pork pie from tesco.

When going collecting, car fan really howling, but switched off. Started on the long road home, on the motorway, warning light for overheating came on, then off, then on:confused:. Drove car until got of motorway, didnt want smashed up at side of road:eek:. Stopped the car, smoke or steam bellowing out, ran from the car, expecting an explosion any moment, looked round, car was in a smoke screen, but thankfully no BOOM! My phone had no charge to phone or text wife. Gave the car 10 minutes to cool down. Rumagged about in car, as had bought an emergency phone charger, thankfully was in the car, which gave me power to phone home to say I might be home tonight. No water in coolant bottle, topped it up and it emptied it self straight away, so drove along a couple of mile, thens topped poured water in, repeated this about four to five times, got home and saw that it just looks like a pipe has couple of holes, so hopefully not to expensive to fix. Got home at 7.30pm, so long day:zzz:.

All the best for tommorow:thumbsup:

Yep we all get crappy days for sure just mine at the mo seems too frequent for my liking.

great windowsurfer, i love to hear other peoples painful days.....makes mine seem okay after all..

i was actually heading out to do a custys garden but i had to pass a house i havent done in ages....its on a very busy road on a very bad bend...and it only has one parking spot...the technique is to pull into a nearby side road and wait for the traffic light flow of traffic to pass and then gun it down to the driveway and slow down to see if my spot is available, if not i get my foot down quick, if it is i dive in....

anyway today my luck was in....when i first got the job she wanted me to pull onto her rather small drive so i had to open the gate watch the dog doesnt escape and drive in quick and shut it behind me....thats not going to happen these days...its get the one parking spot or i pass her by...

anyway the job itself is easy enough and despite being a really long time since i did it...maybe even xmas....the windows were not too bad for some reason beyond me...

it s the getting out thats the problem...i did an eight point turn and lined up on the drive ready to go for it remembering the last time i got onto the main road i looked in my mirror to see a big hgv in my boot...i looked in the mirror mounted on the tree...no sign of traffic ...i wound down the window to listen....i revved up and shot off in first as fast as i could go...looked up in the mirror to see a blue car in my boot almost....he dropped back somewhat as i think he got a scare...

it may be another six months before i attempt that one again...how the bloomin heck she gets in and out is beyond me..:eek:

Windowsurfer, that sounds way worse than my day bud, hope nothing long term/expensive wrong with your motor.

Keep smiling mate

I have a customer that has one of these on her drive...Gives a whole new meaning to "I'm just going for a spin" /emoticons/biggrin.png

[media]

Could be worse, just this minute got off the phone to my brother, he's a tree surgeon.

He's just out of hospital, he had a fall three days ago from 10 metres!!!! Lucky git only broke his sternum, if you can call that lucky..

I do though, most folk dont get away that lightly from that height.

Then on the way to the hospital his missus completely trashed the sill and two doors on their brand new car on one of those huge kerbs at a petrol station.

i rarely see her but she must have a great right foot...i watched her husband disappear down a nearby track and thought it led to a hotel and a safer route out but it just went to a big house couldnt see where you could go ...think i will check it out again next time....if indeed ...there is a next time.../emoticons/smile.png

bad news keir...i mean i have been very lucky...so far...:eek: but you never know what is around the corner....i mean i have never been ill and have no cover and loadsa debt...just what would happen if i couldnt work....life is a tightrope and you have to hope you can keep your balance...i did today ...balanced on garden chairs to reach the top of the bushes cause i couldnt be ar sed to get my ladders off...dont tell mr smurf....

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! he was very lucky indeed. :eek:

Could be worse, just this minute got off the phone to my brother, he's a tree surgeon.He's just out of hospital, he had a fall three days ago from 10 metres!!!! Lucky git only broke his sternum, if you can call that lucky..

I do though, most folk dont get away that lightly from that height.

I did wonder how this guy was going to trim the last branch on this tree as moments earlier he had been tied on with the rope the chap on the ground is now holding :rolleyes:

View attachment 2710

I do hope your brother makes a speedy recovery :thumbsup:

bad news keir...i mean i have been very lucky...so far...:eek: but you never know what is around the corner....i mean i have never been ill and have no cover and loadsa debt...just what would happen if i couldnt work....life is a tightrope and you have to hope you can keep your balance...i did today ...balanced on garden chairs to reach the top of the bushes cause i couldnt be ar sed to get my ladders off...dont tell mr smurf....
You sound a bit like my brother mate, apart from he's like smurf when it comes to safety and strict use of gear, he's ex army ( was in for 23 years and knows nothing else ) and only been in civi street for about a year, but he is hopeless with money and has zero common sense.

I was only just saying to him how we all take our health for granted and its only when an injury or sickness makes us realise how fragile we are and how its a fine line between normality and chaos

and so ....what does tomorrow bring.../emoticons/biggrin.png hopefully a goodun as fri looking wet..
I hear ya buddy, but i am off friday /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/wink.png

Its my sister in law's wedding on sat so need to do loads of errands and plus i'll have finished my work too........hopefully lmao

I lost the will to live on Monday. I had 10 cleans to do, the first one I found out my hose reel plastic connector had given up after 2 years. Every house something went wrong.... By the 7th house I actually lost it and screamed.. In frustration... Lucy I had a spare reel and new hose ready to go. I on finished at 8 after doing quotes so was knackered.

Back