Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Post limit for selling on the site

Tuffers

Now, this I don't really agree with. I can't blame people for advertising for free, but I think you should have a higher post count than 1 to be able to use the site to sell stuff for free @Gav

• Like 3

yep defo should b at least 50 posts i recken:cool: an double or triple posting the same thing dont count people need to chip in an help each other an not just use the forum for selling its a tougth one to police

• Like 1

I do agree guys, not sure why i over looked this. Think i meant to leave it for a little while for those areas to get some action and posts in then set the limit.

Anyway i can get this sorted today, do you think it should be just for the sales or wanted ads as well. I dont feel the wonted ads really need a limit but what do you think?

Ok guys a little update on this @Graham Wilson kindly gave me some feedback about the post limit. So as it stands we set it to 50 posts to be able to post in the forum. The problem is that also stops users who are looking to buy. So to fix this i have spent the morning trying to create a system where everyone can see the forum but only those with 50+ posts can post in the sales area. Basically what now should happen is and registered user is in the members group until they hit 50+ posts then they get promoted to Full member group which will include the ability to post in the for sales areas. This should work but going to have to trial it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yeah had trouble getting it working properly but all seems good now. Basically the system will check periodically which users meet the criteria and then upgrade them to full member. Does not happen right away sadly but this is the best option. Checks ever 10 mins at the mo so should not take users that long to be upgraded from member when they hit 50 posts.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.