Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Post limit for selling on the site

Tuffers

Now, this I don't really agree with. I can't blame people for advertising for free, but I think you should have a higher post count than 1 to be able to use the site to sell stuff for free @Gav

Last edited by a moderator:
yep defo should b at least 50 posts i recken:cool: an double or triple posting the same thing dont count people need to chip in an help each other an not just use the forum for selling its a tougth one to police

I do agree guys, not sure why i over looked this. Think i meant to leave it for a little while for those areas to get some action and posts in then set the limit.

Anyway i can get this sorted today, do you think it should be just for the sales or wanted ads as well. I dont feel the wonted ads really need a limit but what do you think?

Done! Post count needs to be 50 or more to access the for sale and rounds for sale areas. :thumbsup:/emoticons/wink.png

Ok guys a little update on this @Graham Wilson kindly gave me some feedback about the post limit. So as it stands we set it to 50 posts to be able to post in the forum. The problem is that also stops users who are looking to buy. So to fix this i have spent the morning trying to create a system where everyone can see the forum but only those with 50+ posts can post in the sales area. Basically what now should happen is and registered user is in the members group until they hit 50+ posts then they get promoted to Full member group which will include the ability to post in the for sales areas. This should work but going to have to trial it. :thumbsup:

No probs. I am not sure the system is working properly yet though as it seems some users are not being promoted to full member group like yourself. Back to work then!!o_O

Yeah had trouble getting it working properly but all seems good now. Basically the system will check periodically which users meet the criteria and then upgrade them to full member. Does not happen right away sadly but this is the best option. Checks ever 10 mins at the mo so should not take users that long to be upgraded from member when they hit 50 posts.

Taking a look now @koopmaster The system does not update right away. There are two things that check and decide when to upgrade. Firstly you need 50 or over posts which you have. Secondly the system checks every ten mins for users who meet this criteria BUT that user won't get upgraded unless they have recently been active.

I have had a fiddle and will wait for you to login and post again to see if it works.

Latest Posts

Back