Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Respect to all stick wagglers....

cheapncheerful

as a traddy i am looking at the wfp but ....i never knew how hard it is...it looks simples....

well i wasnt using a proper pole....and i wasnt washing windows...it was a facia gutter washdown but it is the first time i had cleaned using a fully extended pole....okay i suppose a proper pole and lightweight brush would be a bit easier but it was bloomin hard work so respect...

i did get over the muscular pain with the help of my beetroot juice but neck pain and lower back pain.....

and the dance of the stick waggler ....its all new to me....and watch out for the holly bush or plant pot or clothes line....

i am going to learn..but boy i am aching ...so respect to you all:D

i think i had better get some weetabix down me or something ...you guys must be strong.....mind you a lot of the females do it as well so even more respect to shazzy beccy etc....i just a plain old wimp...

got another in the morn but may try and get out of it on weather grounds....well its friday...or i may just do it the old fashioned way of as tenchy puts it...a hand job...oops...back to the ankalad again..:rofl:

As my wife often says to me "there is a can of manthefuckup in the fridge" /emoticons/biggrin.png

as a traddy i am looking at the wfp but ....i never knew how hard it is...it looks simples....
well i wasnt using a proper pole....and i wasnt washing windows...it was a facia gutter washdown but it is the first time i had cleaned using a fully extended pole....okay i suppose a proper pole and lightweight brush would be a bit easier but it was bloomin hard work so respect...

i did get over the muscular pain with the help of my beetroot juice but neck pain and lower back pain.....

and the dance of the stick waggler ....its all new to me....and watch out for the holly bush or plant pot or clothes line....

Nope it doesn't get any easier I'm afraid as stick waggling is bloody hard work /emoticons/biggrin.png

i may just have another go and see if it gets any easier.....i need a can defo smurf...

Just remember cnc, "no pain no gain" ...lol

It does get easier..!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha well it as for me this last 2 weeks since I started using a Gardiners pole...what a difference that as made. Just wished I had been using them since day one

yeh the better pole would help...i was actually cleaning fascias/ gutters and before gav arrests me for being in the wrong section i now realise i was using too short a pole for a start as i was directly underneath and getting a nice shower and thats why my neck hurt...

i havent done much gutter/ facia cleaning and what i have done i have limited it to one hour by hand as i get bored and using my pole was more fun as you can cover a greater area faster, but i was very lucky as the weather gods gave me good cloud cover .i reckon also a second pole with a small brush on would be useful to get in between the gutter and fascia as by hand i use my fingers and my big brush cant touch it...

it was a practise run to note mistakes...like ....i had to borrow the custys hose pipe linked into mine to get right around to the front..(really need another hosepipe)

.mistake one was putting mine away without doing the lower gutters and so having to get it out again...always putting gear away and then needing it again...too scared of leaving it there....hedgecutters where are you...

mistake two was carelessness in putting my pole on the roof i knocked up a roof tile and the swine wouldnt come back down...had to nip into the neighbours even then it took my car keys to move it ...

i was also lucky as the lady wasnt there as it looks a bit amateurish to soak the gutters with a hosepipe and then scrub and then rinse with the hosepipe and the pressure was rubbish, i could only just make the gutters...

and before gav tells me i am in the wrong section....i did wfp the windows afterwards....of course i went over them trad because as wfp people now....tap water leaves a mess....but just practising whilst in the area:rofl:

oh thanks for that mr smurf it did seem easier....just going to charge more for the hassle of gutters in future....another painful lesson learnt..but they did look better afterwards,/emoticons/smile.png

yeh the better pole would help...i was actually cleaning fascias/ gutters and before gav arrests me for being in the wrong section i now realise i was using too short a pole for a start as i was directly underneath and getting a nice shower and thats why my neck hurt...
i havent done much gutter/ facia cleaning and what i have done i have limited it to one hour by hand as i get bored and using my pole was more fun as you can cover a greater area faster, but i was very lucky as the weather gods gave me good cloud cover .i reckon also a second pole with a small brush on would be useful to get in between the gutter and fascia as by hand i use my fingers and my big brush cant touch it...

it was a practise run to note mistakes...like ....i had to borrow the custys hose pipe linked into mine to get right around to the front..(really need another hosepipe)

.mistake one was putting mine away without doing the lower gutters and so having to get it out again...always putting gear away and then needing it again...too scared of leaving it there....hedgecutters where are you...

mistake two was carelessness in putting my pole on the roof i knocked up a roof tile and the swine wouldnt come back down...had to nip into the neighbours even then it took my car keys to move it ...

i was also lucky as the lady wasnt there as it looks a bit amateurish to soak the gutters with a hosepipe and then scrub and then rinse with the hosepipe and the pressure was rubbish, i could only just make the gutters...

and before gav tells me i am in the wrong section....i did wfp the windows afterwards....of course i went over them trad because as wfp people now....tap water leaves a mess....but just practising whilst in the area:rofl:
Is this you cnc...??

3u6y7e4u.jpg

nope too good a pole:rofl:mine be that wonky...ali....that it took a lot of force to get the bloomin thing fully extended...time to go shopping me thinks..

It's much easier to wfp windows than gutters for sure even when using the right kit.
This is sooo true cnc, windows are real easy compared to pvc. When i first went wfp i had a crappy pole and brush that nearly killed me, and put about 40 years worth of wear and tear on my right elbow within 6 weeks.

When you do go wfp, DO NOT scrimp on the pole and brush. For the sake of spending £250 your body will thank you

I better stock up on man size tissues to wipe up my tears of laughter reading your wfp stories bud, i cant wait lmao

well i would love to get the best first but ...i think as usual i will have to go cheap first...which is good for you as i bound to have a lot more cnc moments.....:rofl:

Latest Posts

Back