Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I'm going hypo after today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

Could not be arsed to get my washer setup as my back was killing me so did my first patio clean today just using hypo (sodium hypochlorite) 14/15% diluted 1:1 mixed in a window cleaning retangular bucket.

After brushing then rinsing down the patio first using a normal garden hose also wetting down borders & grass I simply applied it to the filthy surface just using a chepo telescopic car wash brush to slap it on. I then let it dwell for about 20 mins then hosed it off. Job done /emoticons/biggrin.png

Wow! how easy was that as it came up as good as new without all the hassle of using a pressure washer./emoticons/smile.png

great smurf , as i said on small jobs its a great time saver and also theres no fear of blasting the mortar joint out :thumbsup:

I rememberd what you said in a previous thread so thought I would give it a go...

Many thanks for that:thumbsup:

Might have to get some for our garden. We have Chickens who as you can imagine make quite a mess! So this might just do the trick. Dont suppose it unblocks drains as well?! lol

Hypo is also widly used on farms for sanitising too.

Not sure about unblocking drains though but don't go using it near ponds /emoticons/biggrin.png

great tips on here ...thanks mr shine..

..i had a power wash job recently and she asked me if i could do some flags at the bottom of the garden ...only after setting everything up did i realise my hosepipe wasnt long enough...but i could have done it that way and flushed it with buckets of water...the hosepipe wasnt that far off...

Need to wear ppe as is deadly stuff to use also may kill vegitation if not wetted down enough. Can also etch glass to if allowed to stay on the glass too long. Oh and I forgot to mention will ruin your cloths too.

Apart from the risk of harming yourself, vegitation, aquatic life, pets & children it works great /emoticons/biggrin.png

Once the surface is dry then there is no risk to kids or pets so they need to be kept out of the way for sure while the surface is still wet.

Need to wear ppe as is deadly stuff to use also may kill vegitation if not wetted down enough. Can also etch glass to if allowed to stay on the glass too long. Oh and I forgot to mention will ruin your cloths too.
Apart from the risk of harming yourself, vegitation, aquatic life, pets & children it works great /emoticons/biggrin.png

lol did you tell that to customer : )

Cava last night now what are you on tonight?

Myself I'm waiting for the home delivery person (the wife) to bring me my beer /emoticons/biggrin.png

I'm off now to watch a bit of glasto then might have a wee drink or two./emoticons/wink.png

Cava last night now what are you on tonight?Myself I'm waiting for the home delivery person (the wife) to bring me my beer /emoticons/biggrin.png
Umm, cava again :rolleyes: Mrs T kind of buys things when on offer. Not that I'm complaining
drunk2_zps8e49ba2f.gif

Just a quick update I cleaned approx 300 m2 of pavers without a pressure washer on a job this week.

I decided due to condition of the mortar joints and amount of steps involved around the property was best not to use a washer on that one. Lucky for me the chap was in favour of a hypo wash down instead and was really pleased with the results./emoticons/smile.png

great smurf , as i said on small jobs its a great time saver and also theres no fear of blasting the mortar joint out :thumbsup:

I have been cleaning my Father-in-laws block pathing. A real nightmare as they are wee small blocks with lots of weed and grass growing between them and I don't have a professional power washer just my cheap household one (110bar / 6 LPM). Anyway, after cleaning the pathing with the power washer and blasting out all the greenery, I washed the pathing down with hypo, brushed it in and left it to dry. The hypo finished the cleaning lovely, killed of any remaining little bits of weeds remaining, and I hope will stop more growing this summer.

I was thinking of re-sanding with granulated week killer mixed in with the sand as well, but that might be a bit overkill.

Back