Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I have an idea!

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
So today i was sat here thinking how can we promote the forum to window cleaners. I thought of stickers but i dont imagine many window cleaners would like to advertise it on there van for customers to see where we hangout!

So then it came to me, what about creating a flyer for the forum and i post it out to window cleaners! What do you think?

If you like the idea then all i need now is those lovely members who create flyers etc to chime in with ideas on what it should say or how it should be set out. @WeLoveFlyers

Let me know what you all think or any other ideas you have in getting more window cleaners aware of us.

UPDATE: here is the pdf of our flyer if you feel like printing and sharing with other window cleaners!

flyer.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a good idea, @Gav, I'll have a think over the weekend and see what ideas I can come up with. Do you attend or advertise at trade events as well? Or in trade magazines?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not as yet purely due to finances and the fact i also have a 9-5 job so not much time really to attend events. Think getting some flyers out directly to window cleaners might be a start.

Here is a quick first attempt, thoughts please. Not sure what to put on it or how it should be worded but needs to appeal to the old timers who probably would not even think to look for a forum online as well as the noobies who have either just started or are thinking to.

Quality in this pic is not great as saved the image from a publisher file.

View attachment 2718

Last edited by a moderator:
your flyer looks great!

one other idea might be to have a monthly draw for all who posted that month , even 1 post , a small incidental item such as a pocket scraper or similar

plus where this forum will score with flyers and be popular long term is that its not anti trad whereas far as i saw it all the other forums are

plus where this forum will score with flyers and be popular long term is that its not anti trad whereas far as i saw it all the other forums are
Yeah I don't see the point in that. Yes so wfp might the progression of the industry but there are still trad guys and gals so why not include them.

I have also been thinking along this lines for top poster each month. Just need to build up a little cash for these things.

I like the flyer mate, but not sure if it will work. Worth a shot though. It would be good to see a bit more activity and new members that hang about for the long haul. I think this will happen, but it just takes time. not sure that you need to find people, as reckon if they need you, they'll find you.

i am not so keen on "normal people" ie custys finding out what we say on here...but the way to find window cleaners is....window cleaning suppliers...a link on the suppliers sites in exchange maybe for discounts on here may work...

nice flyers gav....maybe a new job for you there...if i got the flyers obviously i would sneak...as i am a sneaky boy..up to other windys cars and place one under thier window wipers....a bit like the one s who parked in my road recently and i watched at work....not bad lads...i snuck my ladders off my car quick as i in :hiding:

the more the merrier windys should stick together what ever thier religion as in wfp or trad or like me ....hybrid...

i again thank all the lads for the top tips i have picked up on here...you know who you are.....

one thing i have noticed.....is that window cleaning as portrayed on tv in say ...coronation street:eek: is laughed at as not a proper profession...which really p..... me off...and even my own daughter wanted to say i was a builder so as not to be embarrassed....i dont give one...i am proud to do what i do ....and happy i chose to do it..like daddy said....you always have money coming in..../emoticons/biggrin.png

I do agree Tolish but we need to try other ways of advertising other than online. It would be great to get a bit more activity for the long haul as you say but we are already 1 in google and use Adwords on occasions to boost advertising but I imagine there are many window cleaners out there that never thought about looking online for a window cleaning community. It might not gain anything. I am sure as with most leaflets will just get binned but hey, print myself post second class not going to cost to much;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i am not so keen on "normal people" ie custys finding out what we say on here...but the way to find window cleaners is....window cleaning suppliers...a link on the suppliers sites in exchange maybe for discounts on here may work...
nice flyers gav....maybe a new job for you there...if i got the flyers obviously i would sneak...as i am a sneaky boy..up to other windys cars and place one under thier window wipers....a bit like the one s who parked in my road recently and i watched at work....not bad lads...i snuck my ladders off my car quick as i in :hiding:

the more the merrier windys should stick together what ever thier religion as in wfp or trad or like me ....hybrid...

i again thank all the lads for the top tips i have picked up on here...you know who you are.....

one thing i have noticed.....is that window cleaning as portrayed on tv in say ...coronation street:eek: is laughed at as not a proper profession...which really p..... me off...and even my own daughter wanted to say i was a builder so as not to be embarrassed....i dont give one...i am proud to do what i do ....and happy i chose to do it..like daddy said....you always have money coming in..../emoticons/biggrin.png
Don't worry these will only be sent to window cleaners. Yeah there will always be that "it's not a really job" feeling but hey ho we all know otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a good start on the flyers Gav :thumbsup: but (sorry, I hate buts! :oops:) I can tell straight away it's done on Publisher (not my favourite bit of software in the world!) ... if I get chance later today, do you mind if I have a go at polishing it up a bit? The colours are drifting back a little bit towards the ill-fated previous incarnation of WCF :confused:

Ha yes my design skills are not the best! and yep good old publisher! Not the best software i know but my photoshop skills are minimal. If you would like to have a go feel free.

There's not a lot of status being a window cleaner. But when people find out you earn more then them even though they wear a suit- that wipes the smile off their face. Its also quite good being well known and liked in a community by people of all walks of life, while the slaves to the wage go about thier daily commute stuck in traffic. People will never respect it, but thats good- as it stops them doing it and stealing our work. /emoticons/wink.png

Don't matter what method you use..3ven chammy and scrim..if it works you are a windie

I love that people don't think it's a proper job

Had a row with some guy at my driving job saying " it's not a skilled trade is it"

I said do you clean your windows..**** that I don't like heights and always just make a mess anyway..

Not a skill..leave it out sunshine:rofl:

There are enough people who try it and give up...would that be cos it is so easy to do??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock