Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Renting work out

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ashbrownbear

Hi I'm thinking of renting some of my work out. How much do people recommend I rent it out for . % wise? Thanks and any tips for doing this.

For me it would depend on several factors, who the person is who you are thinking of renting to i.e. Someone you know or a stranger, how well you want the work to be done, and how consistent the work will get done, how good your relationship is with your customers..........versus how much you are willing to make yourself.

Personally i see my round as like my pension one day, i would like to find someone who can work for me as i get older one day a week then two etc, but if i find the right lad i would be willing to pay him more and take less to keep the quality my customers have become a custom to.

I would probably look at an 80/20 split, but if it was a stranger, i would insist that i do the collecting until i can trust him and go for 70/30

I don't know the ins and outs but I do know people who have been ripped off/customers nicked quite a few times renting out rounds.

So whatever you decide, be careful!

Same as having someone on your books as it's very tempting for some to ripoff their employer and start up on their own.

I don't know the ins and outs but I do know people who have been ripped off/customers nicked quite a few times renting out rounds.

if you know the customer well and explain that he is responsible for cleaning as an employee then you have nothing to worry about however there would always be customers who may accept another "deal" without letting you know

If it was me (I dont have to worry as dont have a lot of customers yet) I would start working with the person I want to hand the work to - firstly the customers will understand who is who secondly you will train him to make sure he does a great job otherwise he will ruin the round

i think Ive seen an ad somewhere - the % was 40% up to 60% for him if he was good - is not a bad deal especially if he is gonna use your van

Put yourself in the customers shoes. A guy turns up and does your windows to a good standard every month. His employer turns up every so often to keep an eye on things, but doesn't really do anything. The window cleaner then starts his own round and mentions he can do it a bit cheaper. Like most business deals, the customer is going to benefit by cutting out the middle man to get a better deal. Especially when the 'employer' has no input other then taking his cut.

If you are going to be an employer, then be their to supervise, and work alongside the employee. But taking a cut and doing nothing is a recipe for discontent from a customer that wants no part in being treated like a trading card.

Back