Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder clamps best way round?

Neil

Was just wondering what you guys think is the right way to face your clamps when putting your ladder on your van?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was just wondering what you guys think is the right way to face your clamps when putting your ladder on your van?

:confused: I have the open part of the hook facing forwards. Wouldn't think it matters would it?

Top Tuffers tip: put a blob of paint on one of your padlocks and key, so that you know which key and padlock fit each other straight away. Saves about 5 seconds /emoticons/biggrin.png

there would be no difference at all .. my opinion

many ppl use ropes and they a fine ...

The bar should go across the stiles not clamped down on the rungs if that what you meant.:rolleyes:

I'm looking to buy the rhino clamps they look lord secure than the normal ones

Funny that as I've heard they can pop off and are really easy to unlock. At least with decent normal ladder clamps you can put a nice chunky padlock on them which also stops them unwinding/moving whilst travelling at high speeds and/or in strong winds.

I'm looking to buy the rhino clamps they look lord secure than the normal ones

i use lashing straps once at work for speed . at night use a python cable lock ,not perfect but better n nowt

I was considering the rhinos as they look much faster to use than the threaded ones, but reading this I'm not sure now. Are the problems isolated and are there other rhino users who have had no problems?

I was considering the rhinos as they look much faster to use than the threaded ones, but reading this I'm not sure now. Are the problems isolated and are there other rhino users who have had no problems?
i've been using em for 2 years without a problem. 2 seconds to put on or off. also lockable.

cheers hutch, if anyone else has any feed back on rhino clamps i would be very interested to hear.

Ladder clamps don't seem that slow to me. I bought a second pair this month so I don't need to wind the handles too far tor the thick or thin ladders.

My mate bought a set and he had to keep checking them as the ones he had use to work loose. Hence why I did not bother to get any as the last thing I want is to be driving along and the ladders fall off the van.

i've been using em for 2 years without a problem. 2 seconds to put on or off. also lockable.

I'm going to buy some me thinks £46 on eBay will let you all know if my ladders fall off and kill someone /emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back