Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fronts only and inside cleans.

Dundeeladdie

Hi all. Had loads of great advice and info from all on this forum. It's great how willing to help us newbies you are.

I was wondering...

For residential only...

1. What percentage of your customers have insides cleaned too?

2. What percentage only have fronts cleaned?

Thanks all.

of mine ...i never missed any backs as i can always get to them....as for insides....a few regulars....

and i dont mention i do them or else i probably would get more but not so keen ...i like to be outside in the fresh air...

have you seen some peoples insides?(including my own:laugh:)

i make sure new customers know we are happy to do the insides , id think only about 1 in 50 take up on that . 1 in 100 have fronts only

Thanks guys. That's a relief. Those numbers sound good to me.

So it seems safe to presume around 1 or 2 out of every 100 have fronts only cleaned and about the same numbers opt to have insides cleaned too.

How do you price for fronts only and how do you price for insides (residential)?

I've got about 180 regular customers, probably 20-30 have their insides done on a regular basis, if it's a good customer I charge the same for inside, not so good customers get charged 1.5x the outside price. 0 front only, I don't offer it as a service, it's all round or nothing, I hold the view that recommendations are the best advertising, if a customer recommended you to a friend or relative based on their windows, then looked at the back and thought "that window cleaner ain't very good, look at the back windows"..

You quickly learn your craft being on here just October last year i was starting out from scratch and.knew nothing about wfp cleaning and now have 100 customers and that number is.growing constantly.mainly thru recommendations and a little bit of website traffic. So learn your craft and keep doing a.good job and rewards will come

I know a trad lad that just does fronts only for donky years and charges extra to do backs when asked less frequent. He covers what I call the pain in the **** area of the town as are all old terraced properties with difficult access to the backs. He has a very compact large round he has built up over the years. Hence why he prefers to just do fronts only which makes his job so much easier & quicker to do as he just parks his car up and walks his round.

Hi I have 2 fronts only.. I have 1 that has tops only. These jobs are next door to where I'm working in so don't mind custys choice. I wouldn't go out of my way for a fronts only unless it was easy enough n time effiecient to do. And have only about 5 that have insides done. Have thought about offering it more though, but don't like moving peoples ornaments n things from insides of wi ndows. I would ask them to move things out the way if they want insides done at same price as outs or add on a bit extra. Remember kitchen window can take a while as usually covered in years old grease at times.

I have one front only. About 5 years ago he randomly said he just wanted the front doing, even though I can easily access the back. Normally around Xmas he will get me to do the back conservatory and side windows - I just charge 2.5 times what I normally would.

If the customer is not in to give me access, or forgotten to leave the gate open, then I just do the fronts and charge just over half the usual cost.

The few interior cleans I do get are minimal, but I don't mind them, especially if I've just done the outsides as it saves me petrol or walking distance.

i suppose the real question is should i try and move the inside booked in for tuesday to this friday as it looks wet or should i leave what i have booked in or......should i have a long long grand prix hammy winning weekend...for gods sake we gotta win something...but then again do you trust the weather people? hmmm /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back