Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Foot the ladder

0793danny

Been looking at getting that foot the ladder, sent a pm to lee at wcm but have not heard back?

Has anyone got one or no where to get one?

Also does anyone no the price of it now delivered?

im using one and would highly recommend it , price wise i couldnt say because i got mine as apresent from a mate

Defiantly getting one been looking at it on youtube, looks like its just what i need just cant seem to find one /emoticons/sad.png

I fancy one of these for my WC ladder. Are they quite light? And am I right in saying it attaches and stays on the ladder?

I fancy one of these for my WC ladder. Are they quite light? And am I right in saying it attaches and stays on the ladder?
it can b taken on an off very quickly its very lite to i carry it an a bucket in the same hand

I just got one the other week. The plunger part wasn't working well at all n really quite loose on the rungs. Phoned the chap n he said it was faulty n sent another one asap. New one spring plunger works much better. I still feel it's a bit loose on rungs but it may need a certain amount of movement for it to work properly. I will try n take a photo of mine later on fitted n see if it's the same as others who have it. It is quite a big piece of kit to lug around n a shame it can't somehow be left on ladder n be collapasedable(is that a word) but overall if it saves your life it's worth the carrying.I do like safety equipment.

When I got mine the chap said put some wd40 in the plunger to keep it working right. It does get stiff with all the **** that can get in it

Took a few videos of my foot the ladder with phone but cant upload them, computer saying files to big, so have asked gav what im doing wrong, sorry.

When I got mine the chap said put some wd40 in the plunger to keep it working right. It does get stiff with all the **** that can get in it
I never know why people recommend using wd40 as a lubricant. Its ****. It attracts all kinds of junk, gunks up, and gets everywhere. Far better off using 3in1 oil, its a lot cleaner, and lubricates for longer IMO.

Hired one of these from hss hire a few years back when we jet washed store canopy , thought it was pretty good but a bit cumbersome and left me feeling like the ladder now wasn't safe from falling sideways lol

Your are right @puraclenz as the way it is designed it will not stop the top of the ladder slipping sideways :thumbsup:

im thinking you could get made an aluminium version made by a welder that could stay on the ladder on a hinge and swing down when needed . aluminium would be lighter

Back