Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stark reminder to us all

Sorry I can't remember if it was or not but found it quite ironic that the chap had a wfp system but decided that he could not reach the windows properly so wanted to work from the balcony instead. It did not say really what happened but obviously he fell.

very sad , i met a customer at the weekend who was on crutches after trying to clean some algae of his roof even though his wife asked him to call me , he got little sympathy from me as the same man has a very high paying job in the far east and was just acting the skinflint

I've also heard so many stories from customers about ppl getting hurt including themselves and their relations using ladders it makes you think. Gravity will always win for sure :rolleyes:

very sad , i met a customer at the weekend who was on crutches after trying to clean some algae of his roof even though his wife asked him to call me , he got little sympathy from me as the same man has a very high paying job in the far east and was just acting the skinflint

Poor guy, sounds like he was too nice and put his life in danger to keep custys happy or just an accident. hope he is ok. one of my custys showed me his hand where he broke wrist and knocked himself out when hanging curtains on a rotten pair of wooden ladders. Nasty, just takes one fall to do some serious if not permanent damage.

Always scary when you read about accidents like this. Hope he makes a full recovery. Those skinflint custies who want a cheap quote ought to take the associated risks into account.

hmmm doesnt matter how old you are or how long you have been on ladders.....nearly went a couple of times today...they were newish jobs and divvy here ran up the ladder planted in the gravel drive....not a good idea...and divvy did it twice...

i wont mention the outside chair i stood on to reach a bay window as i dont carry a small ladder....er ...well it had thick wood slats and looked very strong....ooops....crack...and the guy was sat inside the bay :specs....as luck would have it i heard a small tinkle sound and on inspection it had been repaired under neath apparently not good enough to stand on...:rolleyes: and lucky for me i was slightly out of his view and it pushed back together...until someone sits on it...

and the above front door glass...these are very thin glass...not done any for ages...nearly fell of my ladder as i pressed my scrim on and it moved.....thank god it didnt crack....

i wont mention going up a slate roof as it started to rain and getting very scared.....well next time it gets done from next door...you live and learn....well hopefully...i hate new jobs...

Last edited by a moderator:
What can I say to that :whistle::rolleyes:

hmmm doesnt matter how old you are or how long you have been on ladders.....nearly went a couple of times today...they were newish jobs and divvy here ran up the ladder planted in the gravel drive....not a good idea...and divvy did it twice...
i wont mention the outside chair i stood on to reach a bay window as i dont carry a small ladder....er ...well it had thick wood slats and looked very strong....ooops....crack...and the guy was sat inside the bay :specs....as luck would have it i heard a small tinkle sound and on inspection it had been repaired under neath apparently not good enough to stand on...:rolleyes: and lucky for me i was slightly out of his view and it pushed back together...until someone sits on it....

i wont mention going up a slate roof as it started to rain and getting very scared.....well next time it gets done from next door...you live and learn....well hopefully...i hate new jobs...

If there not in don't do the balcony if they are in get your traddy tools out and go inside and do it that way unless you can get your wfp between the bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there not in don't dinside the balcony if they are in get your traddy tools out and go inside and do it that way unless you can get your wfp between the bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Must admit, I have started doing some of my dodgier windows from Inside.....most customers dont mind

Always scary when you read about accidents like this. Hope he makes a full recovery. Those skinflint custies who want a cheap quote ought to take the associated risks into account.
Exactly. The statistics speak for themselves. If a customer wants to do it themselves they can, but I won't risk my life like that just to earn an extra tenner or two. I want good pay if I'm going to go anywhere beyond the first floor.

I ask do they have a stair lift now on 3 storey work:D

92.jpg

Exactly. The statistics speak for themselves. If a customer wants to do it themselves they can, but I won't risk my life like that just to earn an extra tenner or two. I want good pay if I'm going to go anywhere beyond the first floor.

Back