Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter ladder question

Tuffers

Would I be able to reach over the top of this conny using gutter ladders and WFP? There is no way of walking along a trench next to the house wall, so it has to be done over the top

Also, anyone selling a set?

B065DCDE-C5DC-4EA6-9FC4-326F829B0556_zpsyghqsc9c.jpg

Not a WFPer so take with pinch of salt. Would it be possible to pass the pole on to the back of the roof, go upstairs, and do it from the window on each side of the conny? Its a difficult one so I'm just trying to think out of the box, as you do. No hose or water in the house obviously.

i would balance my ladder on the gutter and one foot on the bars and wfp it....but then again.....i may do a runner...

that looks a real swine..probably i would walk the roof bars but i dont think somebody would approve...i have done a few walking the bars so i do know it works...i have a similar one actually but the window isnt so far along and i dont like my feet sliding down the bars....hey maybe a job for my new wfp....

oops just realised its a glass roof ...even i aint daft enough to walk them...the trouble is ....you are pivoting a lot of weight forwards and if you go too far up the ladder it would just go ....very dodgy ...let us know what you do...crackin picture.../emoticons/biggrin.png

looks like a definite wfp job to me...go hybrid like me...

How about conny ladders? N use wfpfrom there but don't know how safe that would be.

IVe just quoted a house which has similar kind of access issues with Windows above an extension. But i will have to access from side n climb on to flat roof to get them to do trad.

Hopefully someone has the answer for you.

Not a WFPer so take with pinch of salt. Would it be possible to pass the pole on to the back of the roof, go upstairs, and do it from the window on each side of the conny? Its a difficult one so I'm just trying to think out of the box, as you do. No hose or water in the house obviously.
Only 2 opening windows TAP, bedroom at far end and the quarter light in the bathroom. The fella said the last people to clean it were the installers and they walked across it :confused:. I'm thinking of getting a conny ladder, but waiting for @Smurf to come along and let me know which one. They are bloody pricey! The bloke was gasping for oxygen when I told him how much /emoticons/biggrin.png. He did say I could rest my ladder on the top and foot my ladder on a brick wall. Thing is, doing it that way, is your ladder is going to bend and with my weight, I'd probably crash through the top part :eek:

i would balance my ladder on the gutter and one foot on the bars and wfp it....but then again.....i may do a runner...
that looks a real swine..probably i would walk the roof bars but i dont think somebody would approve...i have done a few walking the bars so i do know it works...i have a similar one actually but the window isnt so far along and i dont like my feet sliding down the bars....hey maybe a job for my new wfp....

oops just realised its a glass roof ...even i aint daft enough to walk them...the trouble is ....you are pivoting a lot of weight forwards and if you go too far up the ladder it would just go ....very dodgy ...let us know what you do...crackin picture.../emoticons/biggrin.png

looks like a definite wfp job to me...go hybrid like me...
Thanks cnc.

How about conny ladders? N use wfpfrom there but don't know how safe that would be.
IVe just quoted a house which has similar kind of access issues with Windows above an extension. But i will have to access from side n climb on to flat roof to get them to do trad.

Hopefully someone has the answer for you.
Yes mate, that's my question. Would I be able to get high enough to reach over and pole it? I could hire a set for about £30 a day.

I saw one of those ladders going for £50 on fleabay once, but ever since then they go for silly prices 400upwards. Best of luck matey.

Last one I quoted like that I put in a price of £700 just to do the conservatory roof.

I'm guessing you know what I'm going to say next./emoticons/biggrin.png

Just looked at the pic again and it has no pointy bits so an easi-dec conservatory ladder & wfp would be easy on that one @Tuffers /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back