Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gav- trying to post picture or own videos,

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windowsurfer

HI Gav my computer is saying an image or video from phone that i loaded on computer is to big even tho video only 10seconds? What am I doing wrong? even my wife doesnt understand it and she posts on facebook, gumtree. sorry im ok on a computer, but not brilliant. Thanks for any help, keep it simples:thumbsup: I watched the video on uploading pictures.

yeh got me that one....i opened it with microsoft office picture manager....edit pictures....compress pictures ...for internet...and it worked....if you are of course using windows seven ....it was a struggle though ...er would it not be easier if the stupid software said ...hey this picture is too big so i will resize it for you...role on the 22nd century../emoticons/smile.png

Just seeing if a vid I did will play. I had the vid on photobucket and clicked the IMG link. Here goes....

th_3D42C3C6-494D-4780-AA33-98BABCD9C37B_zpsjvwmmgbz.jpg

yeh was gonna say....but its a good photo..go on its a bike track....bloody son has come back from cyprus full of i want a bike...and i say...you want a deposit on a house....:rofl:

2881-df0df705ed86b6a3a5cb377392e27f86.jpg

Thanks cnc compressed the picture with picture manager, but its not handy having to do that. My wifes samsung phone resizes pictures automatically. Now will have to post thread on how to clean this window wfp.

View attachment 2721

World super bikes at Donington, it was the sidecar race and one broke down and coasted past us. My commentary was good /emoticons/biggrin.png

World super bikes at Donington, it was the sidecar race and one broke down and coasted past us. My commentary was good /emoticons/biggrin.png
okay daddy was a biker..and proudly tells the story of me and mum going off in a different direction in the side car...thank god i cant remember that one...:eek:

forgot to say i resize them and then put them on my desktop and then just drag them on to the post...you really would think in this day and age the software would auto resize for you....

@windowsurfer what size is the pic? Not the dimensions but the size of file? Without fully opening the file I.e before you double click it to open right click and click properties then you should be able to see the file size.

Sorry just read it again and is from phone so above won't help. Basically the upload file size limit is 2mb which should be plenty for most. The problem with uping the limit means a lot more storage on the server as well as slower load times on posts with big old files. Videos generally are quite big files even when very short so best to upload videos to YouTube then post the link here which will automatically embed the video and show it in the post. I feel another how to video coming on lol

Sorry just read it again and is from phone so above won't help. Basically the upload file size limit is 2mb which should be plenty for most. The problem with uping the limit means a lot more storage on the server as well as slower load times on posts with big old files. Videos generally are quite big files even when very short so best to upload videos to YouTube then post the link here which will automatically embed the video and show it in the post. I feel another how to video coming on lol
2.23mb is the size of the picture. Mr cnc told me to compress picture in picture manager, which I done and managed to create a post with that, but it would be good if there was a prompt, " do you want to compress pic using picture manager"? dont know if you can do that at your end? Dont know if I want to get involved with youtube at the moment, will have a look at whats involved with that.thanks

Hmm this should not trigger the upload size then as your not uploading it. I presume your trying to post the link? If your posting a photobucket image your probably better copying the direct image address rather than the IMG one. Then in the editor on here just click the image icon next to smile icon past link in there as I have below. The second image is over 10mb! But as it is on photobucket and not uploaded directly your able to post it.

surf.jpg

boys-mosaic4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When i click on the pic icon it asks me for the image URL, whatever that is?

I dont use photobucket.

I saved my picture to the desktop, then go to upload a file, click on the picture, a power band says its processing and when it gets to 100%, then says the file to big.

I like the picture you posted of the wave, dude. Away to bed now all computered out.:zzz: thanks

Ah sorry getting mixed up with posts it was duffers that mentioned photobucket. Lol yeah good pic of the wave. Just a random I found on google. Anyway yes so you can refer to my other post about right clicking then click properties of the image to see what the file size is. I will maybe do a quick video tomorrow to explain a little better.

Back