Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window with glass protector- balcony thing- how would you clean wfp

windowsurfer

Could you clean this wfp? Or how would you trad it? There isnt much space between the patio type doors and the glass protector, less than a foot i would say. Been asked to quote for this house, but this window is beyond me. I said to custy I could clean the glass protector, but they would have to clean the doors themselves, but said I would ask for advice how to clean it from outside.

View attachment 2722

ahh with you now...had to look close....er.....not got a clue....the doors are up to them surely as they open inwards...someone did post on this very subject but i cant remember the out come....i would just clean the protector and the bit above the rest is inside work........

I don't know what these jumped up Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen prickalikes think they are doing by designing buildings with these things.

I got stuck cleaning these from the inside of a third floor flat at the end of a long day. Having to stick the squeegee in a four inch gap, and use the scrim on the blade trick for the bits I couldn't reach, ridiculous. I was not happy but luckily I bumped the price up well as it was an end of tenancy and a first clean. Now I see the things popping up everywhere on new developments. Grrr.:mad:

Think I will become an architect on rainy days. Someone clever will have to think of making something to clean these bad boys. Like a long nose karcher window vac.

Just wondering if cleaning this type of window could be done with an indoor kit like the unger one I have when up the ladder?:confused:

Not happy with being asked to quote for this job, as never knew that they already had a windy. They have it done by a female window cleaner at present, but say its too expensive, I said im expensive as well, but gave a quote, I was £40 cheaper, felt like I may have charged £10 less than I should have though. I said to the lady of the house that I dont know how she cleans those windows, but is certainly very skilled and does a really good job of cleaning their windows and I don't steal other folks work. She was keen on my price though, as it included cleaning her velux windows that the other windy doesnt do. So in a dilemma. But will see if they contact me regarding it. As jimney cricket sung "Always let your conscience be your guide"

Some jobs are not worth the hassle in my book so get Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen to maybe give them a quote instead /emoticons/biggrin.png

Maybe just say to them "don't worry as it's self cleaning glass"/emoticons/biggrin.png

Self cleaning glass when they clean it themselves. Still take my hat off to the female windy cleaner "Girl Power":thumbsup:- what is your secret

I think the only reason why they are built that way is so water fairies can gain access in event of a fire easily. Mind you they will probably smash that stupid glass panel too so to make life easier for extraction./emoticons/biggrin.png

How ridic is that window. Accident waiting to happen!

They are patio doors, so the owners can enjoy the fullness of the country fresh air, without stepping out and saying hello to the ground with their face. There are three of them on the house.

Three sets of french doors on a two or three storey building is rather daft if you ask me as like @Tuffers said is an accident waiting to happen. If not for the ppl living in it but also for the poor sole that has to try cleaning them.

Yep the customer could do those no problen using her karcher window vac /emoticons/biggrin.png

they are catching on ...i dont give one as i not like insides anyway...er i would describe my customers effort as..:whistle:..well sorry but windows and ciggys...not a good idea....

Back