Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Oh i love new toys

keir

Fitted a pneumatic jockey wheel to the trailer this evening, sick of nearly putting my back out when manoeuvring the trailer if there's any water left in.

I can now move it around unbelievably easy even with a full tank, every morning i have to use a trolley jack to lift the trailer up to hook it up to the tow bar after reversing the car in to the entrance of the garage. Now i can just pull the trailer out in the morning and wheel it over to the car and lower it onto the tow bar,

And dinner time i can leave the trailer and nip down to the butty shop, parking can be a right bugger with the trailer attached.

I love labour saving toys

Oh yeah used my ladder standoff and progutter tools too today........new toys are the best :thumbsup:

What is the best bit of kit you have bought?

good post....apart from the go kart i wish i had bought.....and of course that isnt window cleaning related...but then again if we have to suffer the pain we sometimes have to suffer ....i think we all deserve a reward....

my b and w laser printer for my invoices ...it fires out the pages and it dont dry up and it was awesomly cheap and its a great bit of kit and of course windys have to do paper work....

my cheap n cheerful wfp looks a winner as far as saving time and cant wait to play with my trolley....

i have a long list off here to buy yet but it all has to take its turn...so whats next....well okay i just bought 72 ...yes 72 ..hoselock new rubber seals...last of the big spenders...i canna abide leaks...just off to flea bay to look at go karts..no she would kill me.....but then there is the collecting to do...not legal...ohhh...must be some way i could swing it...okay i settle for a quad bike and take the field route...:rofl:

Cheap have you connected your RO up yet? Surely that'll be your best toy.

I tell ya since being on here and i see all the gadgies and niiice bits of kit and making the job so much easier i dont think i have spent so much, i used to change my ladders every two years and buy a new channel for the squeegee but i also got to the stage of how long could i keep this up, got bored of window cleaning and tired of the manual brain deadness, whereas with wfp its weird because i am a geek its now like a hobby, and you know what they say.......if you can get paid for something you enjoy doing!!!!

Best buys for me are as follows..........

Wfp system, phoenix 22, gardiners extreme medium, RO filters, slx 25, gardiners sill brush, ladder stand off, progutter tools and now jockey wheel.

Over the last 2 years these items have both got me really excited about work, and made life exponentially easier and rewarding.

On the wish list for future buys are..........replacement phoenix 22, facelifts blackbox controller or something similar for remote control pump control, some sort of tube/carrying device for my poles to go on top of the trailer errrr errrr i'll think some more later but i am running out of stuff to add

Cheap have you connected your RO up yet? Surely that'll be your best toy.
I tell ya since being on here and i see all the gadgies and niiice bits of kit and making the job so much easier i dont think i have spent so much, i used to change my ladders every two years and buy a new channel for the squeegee but i also got to the stage of how long could i keep this up, got bored of window cleaning and tired of the manual brain deadness, whereas with wfp its weird because i am a geek its now like a hobby, and you know what they say.......if you can get paid for something you enjoy doing!!!!

Best buys for me are as follows..........

Wfp system, phoenix 22, gardiners extreme medium, RO filters, slx 25, gardiners sill brush, ladder stand off, progutter tools and now jockey wheel.

Over the last 2 years these items have both got me really excited about work, and made life exponentially easier and rewarding.

On the wish list for future buys are..........replacement phoenix 22, facelifts blackbox controller or something similar for remote control pump control, some sort of tube/carrying device for my poles to go on top of the trailer errrr errrr i'll think some more later but i am running out of stuff to add
sounds like your in a good place :thumbsup:

Kit that makes the job easier and safer to do. Not to mention earns me loads of dosh at the same time /emoticons/biggrin.png

Oh yeah used my ladder standoff and progutter tools too today........new toys are the best :thumbsup:
What is the best bit of kit you have bought?

i dont do anything until i have to....and shortly i have to....so its not long off....just got to get rid of the mouse that has taken residence in there at the mo....i giving it some nice blue wheat stuff.:eek:..here mousey mousey...

Get it connected and producing you lazy bum :rofl: Get it earning some money for ya

well....tomorrow...i was supposed to do it today as i skivved off very early but when i got over the road...his lordships garden demanded attention....what about my bloomin garden...yeh i will have a go tomorrow...maybe....as the pressure builds as i need it for sure soon...

How much weight is on the towbar with a full tank of water?

The maximum weight at the nose was 75kgs at one time. If it is more than this, then your tank needs to be moved back and repositioned over the trailer axles more.

Back