Guest sdrah

Budget tyres vs continental brand

Guest sdrah

hi - have to change the front tyres and I was wondering if continental brand worth the extra cash vs a budget one ? for my transit I was quoted £235 for a pair of continental and £90 for a pair of budget tyres

continental is a popular brand however cost a lot more .. what shall i get ?! cheers

RiceRocket

The main benefit of brand tyres are significantly improved braking & cornering grip eg Continental tyre can stop you by a couple of car lengths over a budget tyre particularly in wet weather. Basically comes down more assured peace of mind versus extra pounds in pocket.

norm

yeah in the wet budget tyres are pretty cr-p all round and branded tyres far better

if you dont travel far/fast i would go budget

if ya lewis hamilton type branded probably best

Smurf

If they were that bad they would ban budget tyres surely?

Sound like product sales brain washing to me :rolleyes:

PureClearYork

Have used budget tyres on my Transit at £90 a pair. Absolutely no problems in any weather and the wear on them is fine. All comes down to how you drive, especially if laden with a full tank of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheapncheerful

i always go budget and had no problems...now ...i sticking to ...nexen ...cause they dont seem to go down much and i hate pumping up tyres...hey no way i pay 50p to pump em up at the garage...on safety grounds the garages should provide free air...the robin b..oops..nearly...:rofl:

Guest boarcity

iv found that formula one autocentres do the best tyre deals, by a good 20 quid compared to most others .

RiceRocket
If they were that bad they would ban budget tyres surely?

Sound like product sales brain washing to me :rolleyes:

They're not bad but like virtually every other product you can buy there's a superior version for more money eg waterfed poles!!

norm

seen a motoring program testing different tyres cheap chinese v branded on a car they seen a big difference

i choose cheap chinese tyres seem ok on my trafic if money no option i would go branded

cheapncheerful
They're not bad but like virtually every other product you can buy there's a superior version for more money eg waterfed poles!!

yeh rice...you wanna try mine....bloody bendy heavy crappy ..but it was cheap....and i didnt break it ..but it really really bends..

RiceRocket
yeh rice...you wanna try mine....bloody bendy heavy crappy ..but it was cheap....and i didnt break it ..but it really really bends..

Yeah been through that experience, never using a banana pole again.