Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Budget tyres vs continental brand

S

sdrah

hi - have to change the front tyres and I was wondering if continental brand worth the extra cash vs a budget one ? for my transit I was quoted £235 for a pair of continental and £90 for a pair of budget tyres

continental is a popular brand however cost a lot more .. what shall i get ?! cheers

Depends what sort of mileage you do a year I suppose but budget tyres just do me just fine.

The main benefit of brand tyres are significantly improved braking & cornering grip eg Continental tyre can stop you by a couple of car lengths over a budget tyre particularly in wet weather. Basically comes down more assured peace of mind versus extra pounds in pocket.

yeah in the wet budget tyres are pretty cr-p all round and branded tyres far better

if you dont travel far/fast i would go budget

if ya lewis hamilton type branded probably best

If they were that bad they would ban budget tyres surely?

Sound like product sales brain washing to me :rolleyes:

Have used budget tyres on my Transit at £90 a pair. Absolutely no problems in any weather and the wear on them is fine. All comes down to how you drive, especially if laden with a full tank of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i always go budget and had no problems...now ...i sticking to ...nexen ...cause they dont seem to go down much and i hate pumping up tyres...hey no way i pay 50p to pump em up at the garage...on safety grounds the garages should provide free air...the robin b..oops..nearly...:rofl:

iv found that formula one autocentres do the best tyre deals, by a good 20 quid compared to most others .

If they were that bad they would ban budget tyres surely?Sound like product sales brain washing to me :rolleyes:
They're not bad but like virtually every other product you can buy there's a superior version for more money eg waterfed poles!!

seen a motoring program testing different tyres cheap chinese v branded on a car they seen a big difference

i choose cheap chinese tyres seem ok on my trafic if money no option i would go branded

They're not bad but like virtually every other product you can buy there's a superior version for more money eg waterfed poles!!
yeh rice...you wanna try mine....bloody bendy heavy crappy ..but it was cheap....and i didnt break it ..but it really really bends..

yeh rice...you wanna try mine....bloody bendy heavy crappy ..but it was cheap....and i didnt break it ..but it really really bends..
Yeah been through that experience, never using a banana pole again.

Well I did warn you that fiberglass pole would make a good skipping rope @cheapncheerful :rolleyes:

At least it is earning you extra dosh so can't be all that bad after all /emoticons/wink.png

Back