Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole

Posh

What in your opinion is the lightest pole to use. About 20-25ft long and how much. I want a lighter pole and have not got a clue about them so need your input guys.

Yes it's the size (tho I think they are slightly smaller, e.g slx-22 is 21-odd foot)- that is pole size tho, so add another 4/5ft for your reach.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Water-Fed_Poles.html

Price depends on what brush options you have etc.

The clx is a good budget one, but the slx is full carbon & everyone loves them. I've had a go with one & they're very stiff. Getting one once I have saved my pennies (just bought van system).

James P on here has one, he'll tell you how good it is, he loves it.

Gardiner's are very good for customer service too. And their brushes are superb, i use the medium dual trim atm.

dunno about slx but i can really recommend the clx 27 - you can use it 1 handed at full stretch
That's out of stock but looks ok. By what I've read on here you all rate gardiners very high. Are unger any good for poles?

the lightest one you can get is the extreme, but it all depends on budget, cheap clx bit more slx, loads extreme

dunno about slx but i can really recommend the clx 27 - you can use it 1 handed at full stretch
That's out of stock but looks ok. By what I've read on here you all rate gradients very high. Are unger any good for poles?
'gradients'?!, you need to stop using that predictave text!.

Seriously though, with regards to gardiners, going by opinion on here, its all good!. I hope to replace both my current poles with gardiner ones, but unfortunately i need 34' + for my highest windows, so that means £385 for the 35' sl-x, ouch!.
Gradients is a good make lol

Weigh isn’t the only consideration, the more important factor is pole rigidity, the stiffer the pole - the quicker it will be to use, your earnings are linked to how long it takes you to clean so I would recommend 100% carbon fibre.

At that length a quality 100% carbon fibre pole will have little bend and any flex at full extension is immediately pushed out when you clean the window.

If you do go for a 100% carbon fibre pole, they are not all the same, so choose carefully.

Richard

your right there, but i find at full extension the fact that the clx has a bit of bend on it means i can get things that i couldn't with a stiffer pole & i can work at 90 degree angles- only a small point though

yeh i use a 14" carbon gneck although i'm aiming to get another sill brush & have it with a resi neck cos the quick release stuff makes it so quick to swap them its probably worth having the two

Back